<MP>Sunday, 12 October 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 21:45:44 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

   SEATS HAVE BEEN TICKETED.
   Call Pentecost Tours for availability:  800 713-9800

   SINGLE TRAVELERS & NEW MEMBERS ARE MOST WELCOME!

   Assisi, Rome, the Vatican, Orvieto, Loreto, Lanciano,
   Sorrento, Capri, the Blue Grotto, amalfi, Pompeii,
   Montecassino, Mt St. Angelo, San Giovanni Rotondo,
   the Wednesday audience with Pope Benedict XVI and more!

   Departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD)
   and New York (JFK)
   Use the brochure ... on-line now at www.frpat.com

St. Seraphin of Montegranaro (1540-1604)
Born into a poor Italian family, young Seraphin lived the life of a shepherd
and spent much of his time in prayer. Mistreated for a time by his older
brother after the two of them had been orphaned, Seraphin became a Capuchin
Franciscan at age 16 and impressed everyone with his humility and
generosity.  For more, follow the link below:

On this mountain he will destroy the veil that veils all peoples, the web
that is woven over all nations; he will destroy death forever. The Lord GOD
will wipe away the tears from every face; the reproach of his people he will
remove from the whole earth; for the LORD has spoken. ~Isaiah 25:6-10a

Then he said to his servants, 'The feast is ready, but those who were
invited were not worthy to come. Go out, therefore, into the main roads and
invite to the feast whomever you find.'~Matthew 22:1-14

We receive many invitations every day, many of them from God.  We have
opportunities to draw closer to family members and friends, to help those
who are in need, and to pick up Jesus' cross and follow in His footsteps.
How blessed we are when we accept these invitations.  We can grow in love
and peace ... and pave the way to eternal life through our response to God's
call.

I pray that I may notice and accept the many invitations I receive from God
Himself.  I pray that I may work for the things that last forever, pick up
my cross and carry it, and arrive at eternal life where God will wipe away
the tears from every face and we shall see the Lord as He is!

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Sally asks prayers for a special intention. A member requests prayers for a
friend's mom who had a heart attack and is recovering in the hospital. Irene
asks prayers for a special intention. Gloria asks prayers for a special
intention.