<MP>Sunday, 10 June 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2007 20:01:02 -0500

J O I N    M E
A great Pilgrimage to the Holy Land.
04-15 November 2007
Now is a great time to sign up! The brochure and full information, including
hotel links, is on-line.
We'll renew our Baptismal Promises at the Jordan River, where Jesus was
Baptized by John.  We'll renew our marriage vows and pray for any deceased
husbands and wives at Cana in Galilee where Jesus attended a wedding with
his Mother and turned water into wine.  We'll take a boat ride on the Sea of
Galilee.  We'll even have a chance to visit Masada and to swim in the Dead
Sea. We'll visit the Holocaust Museum in Jerusalem too, and see the Dead Sea
Scrolls.  You'll never read Scripture in the same way after this wonderful
Pilgrimage! Follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

"Store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust
consumes and where thieves do not break in and steal.  For where your
treasure is, there your heart will be also."  ~Matthew 6:20-21

The world wonders when it sees a person who can unexpectedly draw large and
unsuspected sums from the bank for some emergency.  But what the world has
not seen is the countless small sums paid into that bank, earned by faithful
work over a long time.  And so it is with the bank of the spirit.  The world
sees the person of faith make a demand on God's stores of power and the
demand is met.  The world does not see what that person has been putting in,
in thanks and praise, in prayer and communion, in small good deeds done
faithfully, steadily over the years.

I pray that I may keep making deposits in God's bank.  I pray that I may
always remember the reserve I have built up and the willingness of God to
give me all that I need.

Helen-Ann asks prayers for a special intention.