<MP>Sunday, 09 May 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 May 2010 18:40:05 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

$2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse
SHEET ARE NOW ONLINE! - SIGN UP NOW!
be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin. 18 or fewer
seats from La Crosse are available. If you're interested visit my Web Site
and sign up for informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

St. Catharine of Bologna (1413-1463)
Some Franciscan saints led fairly public lives; Catharine represents the
saints who served the Lord in obscurity.
Catharine, born in Bologna, was related to the nobility in Ferrara and was
educated at court there. She received a liberal education at the court and
developed some interest and talent in painting. In later years as a Poor
Clare, Catharine sometimes did manuscript illumination and also painted
miniatures. At the age of 17, she joined a group of religious women in
Ferrara. Four years later the whole group joined the Poor Clares in that
city. Jobs as convent baker and portress preceded her selection as novice
mistress.

Since we have heard that some of our number who went out without any mandate
from us have upset you with their teachings
and disturbed your peace of mind, we have with one accord decided to choose
representatives and to send them to you along with our beloved Barnabas and
Paul, who have dedicated their lives to the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
~Acts 15:1-2, 22-29

I have told you this while I am with you. The Advocate, the Holy Spirit,
whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you everything and remind
you of all that I told you. ~John 14:23-29

As we prepare for the Ascension, we come to appreciate the problems of
Jesus' disciples, embroiled in controversy and needing to make decisions.
They came to understand that they were not alone.  And even before Jesus
ascends to the Father he promises the Advocate, the Holy Spirit to His
disciples ... and to us.

I pray that I may remember that I am never alone.  I pray that I may use the
gifts of the Holy Spirit to help me know and do God's will.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Judy request prayers for two intentions. Tommy asks prayers for several
intentions. Joan asks prayers for good results for her daughter's liver
tests.

Denise asks prayers for a special intention. A mother asks prayers for her
daughter with severe disabilities to have successful senior events. Rosemary
asks prayers for a friend.