<MP>Sunday, 09 July 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2006 16:58:28 -0500

PILGRIMAGE TO FATIMA / LOURDES / SPAIN / FRANCE
02-13 October 2006
Several seats may still remain. For complete information, follow the link
from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

"Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is
forgotten in God's sight.  But even the hairs of your head are all counted.
Do not be afraid; you are of more value than many sparrows.  'And I tell
you, everyone who acknowledges me before others, the Son of Man also will
acknowledge before the angels of God.'"  ~Luke 12:6-8

Disillusionment and doubt can spoil life.  The doubting ones are the
disillusioned ones.  When we are in doubt, we are on the fence.  We are not
going anywhere.  Doubt can poison all action.  "Well, I don't know,"--so we
don't do anything.  We can meet life with a "Yes," an affirmative attitude.
There is good in the world and we can follow that good.  There is power
available to help us to do the right thing; therefore we can accept that
power.  There are miracles of change in people's lives, therefore we will
accept those miracles as evidence of God's power.

I pray that I may not be paralyzed by doubt.  I pray that I may go along on
the venture of faith.