<MP>Sunday, 08 July 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2007 19:49:37 -0500

J O I N    M E
A great Pilgrimage to the Holy Land.
04-15 November 2007
Early Sign-Up deadline is 27 July.
Save $100 and sign up now.
$2599 from Minneapolis or $2499 from JFK in New York

Now is a great time to sign up! The brochure and full information, including
hotel links, is on-line.
We'll renew our Baptismal Promises at the Jordan River, where Jesus was
Baptized by John.  We'll renew our marriage vows and pray for any deceased
husbands and wives at Cana in Galilee where Jesus attended a wedding with
his Mother and turned water into wine.  We'll take a boat ride on the Sea of
Galilee.  We'll even have a chance to visit Masada and to swim in the Dead
Sea. We'll visit the Holocaust Museum in Jerusalem too, and see the Dead Sea
Scrolls.  You'll never read Scripture in the same way after this wonderful
Pilgrimage! Follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

"Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it.  The eyes of the
LORD are on the righteous, and his ears are open to their cry." Psalm
34:14-15

There is a force for good in the world and when we are cooperating with that
force for good, good things happen to us.  We have free-will, the choice to
be on the side of right or on the side of wrong.  This force for good we
call God's will.  God has a purpose for the world and God has a purpose for
our lives.  God wants us to bring all our desires into oneness with God's
desires.  God can only work through people.  If we try to make God's will
our will, we will be guided by God.  We can be in the stream of goodness,
carried along by everything that is right.  We can be on God's side.

I pray that I may try to make God's will my will.  I pray that I may keep in
the stream of goodness in the world.

Michael and Susanne ask prayers for a little girl who is in the hospital and
dying of cystic fibrosis.  They also ask prayers to be protected against
evil, and for a fruitful adoption. Nancy from PA requests prayers for a
chaperone, and all the other attendees from the local parish who will be
attending a conference in East Steubenville Ohio later this month that they
may garner the spiritual benefits and rewards.