<MP>Sunday, 07 October 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2007 18:47:45 -0500

P R O - L I F E    S U N D A Y
This is Pro-Life Sunday.  Watch for opportunities near you to stand up for
all life, from natural conception to natural death, and defend it.  It is
"Life Chain" Sunday, all across our Country. In our area we'll gather on at
Blessed Sacrament Parish on Losey Boulevard in La Crosse.  We'll stand along
the Boulevard holding signs with Pro-Life messages and pray for a greater
respect for life.  We'll truly "stand up for life."  Join us, or find a Life
Chain near you!

F A M I L Y    A N D   F R I E N D S
Encourage them to Subscribe to Morning Prayer!

If you enjoy Morning Prayer, why not forward a copy to family members and
friends. Morning Prayer provides a short reflection and a concrete way to
apply Scriptures to our lives, and uses the Scriptures and Saint for the
Mass of the Day. Clergy too, appreciate the simple ideas found in both
Morning Prayer and This Weekend. Learn more by following the banner link
from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

Feast of Our Lady of the Rosary (established by Pope Pius V in 1573)
The purpose was to thank God for the victory of Christians over the Turks at
Lepanto-a victory attributed to the praying of the rosary. Clement XI
extended the feast to the universal Church in 1716. For more about the
Rosary, visit this Page:
   www.frpat.com/rosary.htm

"How long, O LORD? I cry for help but you do not listen!"  ~Habakkuk 1:2-3,
2:2-4

"If today you hear His voice, harden not your hearts."  ~Psalm 95

"God did not give us a spirit of cowardice, but rather of power and love and
self-control."  !Timothy 1:6-8, 13-14

The Lord replied, "If you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you would
say to this mulberry tree, 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea,' and it
would obey you."  Luke 17:5-10

We like it when people do things for us, and do them the way we'd like them
to be done. We become frustrated when God does not do what we ask of Him. We
can use the faith God has put within us.  We can "hear His voice" and not
harden our hearts." We can use the spirit of power, love and self control
God has given us in order to build a better world.

I pray that I may not make excuses for not getting involved.  I pray that I
will use the gifts I have been given to help build a better world.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Jim requests prayers for a God's protection. Laura asks you to pray for her
friend who is having severe nausea and bone pain as she undergoes
chemotherapy for cancer for the second time. Nancy from PA requests prayers
for her and her husband and their traveling companions as they leave on
vacation that it may be a time of relaxation and renewal of spirit.

Johanna asks prayers for a special intention. Martha asks prayers for a
college student and his family as he recovers from serious skull and brain
injuries in I.C.U. Ann asks prayers for a friend in AZ, who is about to go
through surgery for a Mastectomy. Diane asks for prayers for her children
and herself, that they find happiness and peace in their jobs and with their
families.