<MP>Sunday, 07 March 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2010 22:56:43 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

$2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse
18-28 October 2010 - Map of trip is now at the Web Site
BROCHURE & SIGN-UP SHEET ARE NOW ONLINE! - SIGN UP NOW!
now been reserved from La Crosse, WI and O'Hare Aiport in Chicago. It
will be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin. 18
or fewer seats from La Crosse are available. If you're interested visit my
Web Site and sign up for informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

P A N C A K E    B R E A K F A S T
It's tomorrow, Sunday, 07 March. St. Patz Knights of Columbus Pancake
Breakfast - Pancakes, French Toast, Scrambled Eggs, Sausages, Ham, Apple
Sauce, Sweet Rolls, Coffee, Milk, Orange Juice and more! It's $5 for
adults, $2 for Children or $14 for the whole family. Becomem a fan on
Facebook:  St. Patz Knights of Columbus Pancake Breakfast

F A C E B B O O K
Become a fan of: Fr. Pat's Morning Prayer and Fr. Pat's This Weekend on
Facebook.

L E N T    2 0 1 0
Visit my Lent Page for good links, Reconciliation resources in English and
Spanish, and my own Stations of the Cross in English and Spanish for
children and adults and illustrated by the kids of St. Pat's School.
Follow the link from: www.frpat.com

Servant of God Sylvester of Assisi (d. 1240)

Sylvester was one of the first 12 followers of St. Francis of Assisi and
was the first priest in the Franciscan Order. A descendant of a noble
family, Sylvester once sold Francis stones which were to be used to
rebuild a church. When, a short while later, he saw Francis and Bernard of
Quintavalle distributing Bernard's wealth to the poor, Sylvester
complained that he had been poorly paid for the stones and asked for more
money. Though Francis obliged, the handful of money he gave Sylvester soon
filled him with guilt. He sold all of his goods, began a life of penance
and joined Francis and the others. Sylvester became a holy and prayerful
man, and a favorite of Francis?a companion on his journeys, the one
Francis went to for advice. It was Sylvester and Clare who answered
Francis' query with the response that he should serve God by going out to
preach rather than by devoting himself to prayer.

Moses said to God, ?But when I go to the Israelites  and say to them, ?The
God of your fathers has sent me to you,? if they ask me, ?What is his
name?? what am I to tell them?? God replied, ?I am who am.? Then he added,
?This is what you shall tell the Israelites: I AM sent me to you.? ~Exodus
3:1-8a, 13-15

He said to him in reply, ?Sir, leave it for this year also, and I shall
cultivate the ground around it and fertilize it; it may bear fruit in the
future. If not you can cut it down.?? ~Luke 13:1-9

God has great patience with us. We can try to do things our own way and
end up with terrible problems. When we decide to repent and return we are
forgiven by God and given another chance. He continues to wait for our
return.

I pray that I may trust in God's patience and mercy. I pray that I may
return to the Lord with all my heart.

Haiti and Chile. We pray for great respect for life from natural
conception to natural death.  We pray for an end of terrorism and
war, for the safety of our troops and their families at home.