<MP>Sunday, 07 July 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 20:17:05 -0500

J O I N    M E
A great Pilgrimage to the Holy Land.
04-15 November 2007
Take advantage of the $100 early sign-up discount.
Expires on 27 July!

Now is a great time to sign up! The brochure and full information, including
hotel links, is on-line.
We'll renew our Baptismal Promises at the Jordan River, where Jesus was
Baptized by John.  We'll renew our marriage vows and pray for any deceased
husbands and wives at Cana in Galilee where Jesus attended a wedding with
his Mother and turned water into wine.  We'll take a boat ride on the Sea of
Galilee.  We'll even have a chance to visit Masada and to swim in the Dead
Sea. We'll visit the Holocaust Museum in Jerusalem too, and see the Dead Sea
Scrolls.  You'll never read Scripture in the same way after this wonderful
Pilgrimage! Follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

"Weeping may linger for the night, but joy comes with the morning." Psalm
30:5

Painful as the present time may be, we will one day see the reason for it.
We can see that it was not testing, but a preparation for the life-work
which we are to do.  We can have faith that our prayers and aspirations will
some day be answered. Answered in a way that perhaps seems painful to us,
but is the only right way.  Selfishness and pride often make us want things
that are not good for us.  They need to be burned out of our natures.  We
can be rid of the blocks which are holding us back, before we can expect our
prayers to be answered.

=: P R A Y E R   F O R   T H E   D A Y  :=.

I pray that I may be willing to go through times of difficulty.  I pray that
I may trust God for the outcome.

Nora asks prayers for a speedy annulment. Nancy requests prayers that she
may have the physical stamina to do her new job. Susanne and Mike ask
prayers for a special intention.

Tom asks prayers for a special intention. Member request prayers for youth
of the Diocese of La Crosse who will be participating in Adventure Camp in
the upcoming weeks. Mary Anne sends up prayers of thanksgiving for her
great-grandson's successful open heart operation.

Barb requests prayers for her family who need a renewed sense of hope and
trust in God's will for them. Alphones asks prayers for her son who is
taking up 2nd semester BE  Mathematics Examination on Saturday, the 7th of
July. Lynn asks prayers for her dad who is in the hospital and for her mom
who is recovering from pneumonia.

Diane asks prayers for a special intention. Bill asks prayers for financial
help to pay his house payment. Jo asks prayers for her brother who will be
taking a board exam.