<MP>Sunday, 07 December 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 18:39:28 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

M Y    S T E M    C E L L    T R A N S P L A N T
I began the process at Mayo Clinic in Rochester on 01 December. Visit my Web
Site for a complete description.  Just follow the front page link from:
www.frpat.com Visit my Blog too, for daily updates: www.frpat.com/mayoblog

.=:  A D V E N T     P A G E S  :=.

Our Advent Pages are up and running. There are special pages for Saint
Nicholas (December 6), Our Lady of Guadalupe, Juan Diego and more.  There
are Advent resources and special blessings for Advent, our Nativity Scene,
Christmas Tree, Advent Wreath and more.  There are resources for
Reconciliation available in both English and Spanish. Visit our Web Site and
click the banner link from: www.frpat.com

Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to look
forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize every
day in 2009 ... from $30 to $500.  Prizes total $16,755.  Only 3000
calendars are sold.  If you're interested in helping out, just follow the
banner link from:  www.stpatz.com

St. Ambrose (340?-397)
One of Ambrose's biographers observed that at the Last Judgment people would
still be divided between those who admired Ambrose and those who heartily
disliked him. He emerges as the man of action who cut a furrow through the
lives of his contemporaries. Even royal personages were numbered among those
who were to suffer crushing divine punishments for standing in Ambrose's
way.  For more, follow the link below:

A voice cries out: In the desert prepare the way of the LORD! Make straight
in the wasteland a highway for our God!
Every valley shall be filled in, every mountain and hill shall be made low;
the rugged land shall be made a plain,
the rough country, a broad valley. ~Isaiah 40:1-5, 9-11

The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ the Son of God. As it is written
in Isaiah the prophet: Behold, I am sending my messenger ahead of you; he
will prepare your way. A voice of one crying out in the desert: "Prepare the
way of the Lord, make straight his paths." ~Mark 1:1-8

This Advent Season it is easy to get caught up in busy-ness ... from cards
and decorating to baking, shopping and parties.  We may intend to prepare
spiritually for the coming of Jesus at Christmas and at the end of time ...
but sometimes we simply don't get around to it.  Then the Season ends with a
certain emptiness.  This year can be different.  We can heed the cry of John
the Baptist and Jesus Himself as we are called to lower the mountains and
raise the valleys and prepare the way of the Lord.

I pray that I may prepare spiritually for the coming of the Lord.  I pray
that I may consider helping someone in need, treating others justly, and
celebrating the Sacrament of Reconciliation (Confession) this Holy Season,
even if it has been fifty years or more since I've done so.  I pray that I
may work for the things that truly last.