<MP>Sunday, 06 September 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2009 19:49:45 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Blessed Claudio Granzotto (1900-1947)
Born in Santa Lucia del Piave near Venice, Claudio was the youngest of nine
children and was accustomed to hard work in the fields. At the age of nine
he lost his father. Six years later he was drafted into the Italian army,
where he served more than three years. His artistic abilities, especially in
sculpture, led to studies at Venice's Academy of Fine Arts, which awarded
him a diploma with the highest marks in 1929. Even then he was especially
interested in religious art. When Claudio entered the Friars Minor four
years later, his parish priest wrote, "The Order is receiving not only an
artist but a saint." Prayer, charity to the poor and artistic work
characterized his life, which was cut short by a brain tumor. He died on the
feast of the Assumption and was beatified in 1994  For more, follow the link
below:

Thus says the LORD: Say to those whose hearts are frightened: Be strong,
fear not! Here is your God, he comes with vindication; with divine
recompense he comes to save you. ~Isaiah 35:4-7a

Listen, my beloved brothers and sisters. Did not God choose those who are
poor in the world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom that he
promised to those who love him? ~James 2:1-5

He put his finger into the man's ears and, spitting, touched his tongue;
then he looked up to heaven and groaned, and said to him, "Ephphatha!"- that
is, "Be opened!" - And immediately the man's ears were opened, his speech
impediment was removed, and he spoke plainly.  ~Mark 7:31-37

Sometimes our beliefs about ourselves hold us back.  We might think we're
not good at socializing, Math, music, sports or relationships.  After awhile
we give up altogether.  Yet God is there saying, "Be strong, fear not."  or
"Ephaphatha," "Be opened."  And we're brought back by God from anything that
holds us back.

I pray that I may be able to see where I've given up.  I pray that I may
continue to believe in God's strength and love for me, and use His power to
bring me out and help me try again.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Luvina requests prayers for her family and herself for daily vision and
guidance and seeks God's own way as her granddaughter looks for employment.
Nan requests prayers for widowed friend whose 50 yr old son, her only child,
dropped dead at work. Rose asks prayers for two intentions.

Joan asks prayers for a special intention. Nyari asks prayers for a special
intention. Pat asks prayers for herself for strength and healing of broken
family relationships. Joan asks prayers for my daughter that she come back
fully to her Catholic faith and that she finds a job soon.