<MP>Sunday, 06 June 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2010 16:47:52 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

18-28 October 2010 - $2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse
Brochure, sign-up sheet & links to hotels are now available at the Web Site:
www.frpat.com Become a fan of: Ireland 2010 with Fr. Pat Umberger on
Facebook.

St. Norbert (1080?-1134)
Friends sometimes jokingly mangle the name of the Premonstratensians into
"Monstrous Pretensions," just as the Franciscan O.F.M. is said to mean "Out
For Money." The name actually derives from Premontre, the region of France
where Norbert established this Order in the 12th century. Norbert's founding
of the Order was truly a monstrous task: combating rampant heresies
(particularly regarding the Blessed Sacrament), revitalizing many of the
faithful who had grown indifferent and dissolute, plus effecting peace and
reconciliation among enemies.

For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the death
of the Lord until he comes.  ~1 Corinthians 11:23-26

They all ate and were satisfied. And when the leftover fragments were picked
up, they filled twelve wicker baskets. ~Luke 9:11b-17

As we celebrate the Most Holy Body and Blood of Christ we're reminded of how
privileged to receive the real and true Body and Blood of Christ in the
Eucharist.  We can recommit ourselves to reverence, in our dress and
deportment, when we come to Mass.  We allow ourselves to become the Body and
Blood of Christ as we "Go in peace to love and serve the Lord."

I pray that I may be dress well and respectfully and receive the Eucharist
with great reverence.  I pray that I may become the Body of Christ in the
world I live in.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

A member requests prayers for removal of obstacles to achieve and sustain
employment in new career. Kris asks prayers for two intentions. Member asks
for prayers for grandson who has drinking and social problems.

A member requests prayers for his father who is recovering from heart bypass
surgery, for relief of discomforts. Please pray for Ericka who is dealing
with debilitating and chronic illnesses. Brian asks prayers for a child with
cancer.