<MP>Sunday, 06 January 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2008 18:40:33 -0600

G O I N G    T O    G U A D A L U P E
I'll be in Mexico City from 07-18 January.  Keep me in your prayers, and
know you'll be remembered in mine as well.  If you'd like to have your
intentions remembered at Guadalupe, daily Mass and during visits to the many
Churches of Mexico City, just follow the link from my Web Site to submit
your intentions:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

The Epiphany of the Lord
Today the three Kings or Wise Men came to the manger to see the Baby Jesus.
They went back to their own countries to make known what they had seen.  We
come to the manger as well, and prepare ourselves to share the good news of
Christ's coming to people who sometimes have already relegated this miracle
of God's love for us to the backs of their minds.

Nations shall walk by your light, and kings by your shining radiance. Raise
your eyes and look about; they all gather and come to you: your sons come
from afar, and your daughters in the arms of their nurses.  ~Isaiah 60:1-6

They were overjoyed at seeing the star, and on entering the house they saw
the child with Mary his mother. They prostrated themselves and did him
homage. Then they opened their treasures and offered him gifts of gold,
frankincense, and myrrh. And having been warned in a dream not to return to
Herod, they departed for their country by another way.  ~Matthew 2:1-12

Today we come to the manger with the Three Kings.  They made heroic effort
to come and see, while we usually travel a short distance.  Our faith can be
strengthened as we leave Church to tell everybody what we've seen, mostly by
the example we set for them.

I pray that I may adore the Lord with the Kings who come to the manger
today.  I pray that I may be a person of courage too, and continue to reveal
the Lord's presence by the way I live my life.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Lisa asks for prayers for a very special person who is fighting ovarian
cancer. Bill asks for prayers for his elderly sister and brother, both of
whom are in failing health. Helen-Ann asks prayers for several intentions.
Mom asks prayers for daughter who was laid off from her job, that God will
help her find the job He wants for her.

Belia asks prayers for two intentions of thanks. Brian asks for your ongoing
prayer support that he and others like him may find spiritual and safe
medical help for his life-long severe depression and paranoia and that his
sobriety is held safe in God's care.