<MP>Sunday, 06 August 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2006 16:34:53 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

"He said to them, "Come away to a deserted place all by yourselves and rest
a while." For many were coming and going, and they had no leisure even to
eat.  And they went away in the boat to a deserted place by themselves."
~Mark 6:31-32

Refilling with the spirit is something we need every day.  For this
refilling with the spirit, it's helpful to have times of quiet communion,
away, alone, without noise, without activity.  We need this dwelling apart,
this shutting ourselves away in the very secret place of our being, away
alone with our maker.  From these times of communion we can come forth with
new power.  This refilling is the best preparation for effective work.  When
we are spiritually filled, there is no work too hard for us.

I pray that I may be daily refilled with the right spirit.  I pray that I
may be full of the joy of true living.