<MP>Sunday, 06 April 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 22:11:01 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

We'll visit Southern Italy, Assisi, Rome and the Vatican from 10-21 November
2008.  $2699 from Chicago or $2899 from La Crosse, Wisconsin. The brochure
is available in Church or on-line.  Just follow the link from: www.frpat.com

St. Crescentia Hoess (1682-1744)
Crescentia was born in 1682 in a little town near Augsburg, the daughter of
a poor weaver. She spent play time praying in the parish church, assisted
those even poorer than herself and had so mastered the truths of her
religion that she was permitted to make her holy Communion at the then
unusually early age of seven. In the town she was called "the little angel."
For more, click the link below:

This man, delivered up by the set plan and foreknowledge of God, you killed,
using lawless men to crucify him. But God raised him up, releasing him from
the throes of death, because it was impossible for him to be held by it.  ~
Acts 2:14, 22-23

God raised this Jesus; of this we are all witnesses. Exalted at the right
hand of God, he received the promise of the Holy Spirit from the Father and
poured him forth, as you see and hear."  ~ Acts 2:14, 22-23

And it happened that, while he was with them at table, he took bread, said
the blessing, broke it, and gave it to them.
With that their eyes were opened and they recognized him, but he vanished
from their sight. Then they said to each other,
"Were not our hearts burning within us while he spoke to us on the way and
opened the Scriptures to us?"  ~ Luke 24:13-35

It was impossible for darkness and death to conquer Jesus.  As he was raised
by God he received the promise of the Holy Spirit and poured him forth! He
was made known to those he met on the road in the breaking of the bread.
Their hearts were burning as they went and told everyone that he had
appeared to them!

I pray that I may be continually astounded by the resurrection of Jesus and
the massive power that was released and continues to be released today.  I
pray that my heart may burn with me as I learn more about Him, and that I
may not shrink from telling everybody about Him and how He has touched my
life!