<MP>Sunday, 05 October 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2008 19:16:33 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

P I L G R I M A G E    2 0 0 8

   LAST CHANCE - SEATS WILL BE TICKETED ON OCTOBER 1OTH!

   Only ELEVEN seats remain, THREE from La Crosse.
   10-22 November 2008

   SEATS WILL BE TICKETED ABOUT 10 OCTOBER
   SINGLE TRAVELERS & NEW MEMBERS ARE MOST WELCOME!

   Assisi, Rome, the Vatican, Orvieto, Loreto, Lanciano,
   Sorrento, Capri, the Blue Grotto, amalfi, Pompeii,
   Montecassino, Mt St. Angelo, San Giovanni Rotondo,
   the Wednesday audience with Pope Benedict XVI and more!

   Departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD)
   and New York (JFK)
   Use the brochure ... on-line now at www.frpat.com

WE'LL VISIT ASSISI, THE HOME OF SAINT FRANCIS ON OUR
PILGRIMAGE NEXT MONTH!  WE VISITED THE HOME AND CHURCH
OF SAINT FAUSTINA DURING OUR PILGRIMAGE TO POLAND AND
PRAGUE SEVERAL YEARS AGO!

St. Faustina (1905-1938)
St. Mary Faustina's name is forever linked to the annual feast of the Divine
Mercy (celebrated on the Second Sunday of Easter), the divine mercy chaplet
and the divine mercy prayer recited each day by many people at 3 p.m.  For
more, follow the link below:

The vineyard of the LORD of hosts is the house of Israel, and the people of
Judah are his cherished plant; he looked for judgment, but see, bloodshed!
for justice, but hark, the outcry! ~Isaiah 5:1-7

Keep on doing what you have learned and received and heard and seen in me.
Then the God of peace will be with you.  ~Philippians 4:6-9

Jesus said to them, "Did you never read in the Scriptures: The stone that
the builders rejected has become the cornerstone; by the Lord has this been
done, and it is wonderful in our eyes? Therefore, I say to you, the kingdom
of God will be taken away from you and given to a people that will produce
its fruit."  ~Matthew 21:33-43

God made us good, and gave us so many gifts and talents.  He calls us to put
those talents to use in building up His Kingdom.  It can be tempting though,
to use them to build up ourselves, sometimes losing track of where they came
from and the temporary lives we live here on earth. We are called by God to
use our gifts wisely and to continue Jesus' work on earth. May we not reject
Jesus, the cornerstone, as the builders did.  May we strive to draw close to
the Lord who always yearns to draw close to us.

I pray that I may use my gifts and talents to build up God's Kingdom.  I
pray that I may think more of others than of myself and come to see the
satisfaction and happiness that comes from giving to others, walking in the
footsteps of Jesus himself.  I pray that I may strive to draw close the Lord
and allow Him to draw close to me.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Member asks for prayers for cousin who is in severe pain with an apparent
kidney blockage. Beryl asks prayers for her husband whose job is in
jeopardy. A daughter requests prayers for her dad who was transferred to a
rehab facility yesterday that he will regain the strength in his legs and
return to independent living.

Cherie requests prayers for her daughter, that she will have a great
competition and that her and her family will have a safe trip home. Alvina
asks prayers for a special intention. Betty asks for prayers for her son who
has diverticulitis and son-in-law that has diabetic ulcers on his foot.