<MP>Sunday, 05 August 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2007 22:22:14 -0500

J O I N    S I S T E R    J O S E L D A    A N D    M E

A great Pilgrimage to the Holy Land - 04-15 November 2007!
WE HAVE MET OUR GOAL OF 36 TRAVELERS.

Land only price (meet us in the Holy Land) is $1926.
All but 4 seats must be turned over to the airlines after August 27th.

The brochure and full information, including hotel links, is on-line.
Follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

If you will be joining us, let me know as soon as you can so I can keep
track of the group!

     From Father Pat Umberger

"I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor rulers, nor
things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor
anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of
God in Christ Jesus our Lord."  ~Romans 8:38-39

God is our helper and our strength.  We need not ask God to come to us.  God
is always with us in spirit.  At our moment of need God is there to help us.
If we knew God's love and God's desire to help us, we would know that God
needs no pleading for help.  Our need is God's opportunity.  We can learn to
rely on God's strength whenever we need it.  Whenever we feel inadequate to
any situation, we can realize that the feeling of inadequacy is, in its own
way, disloyalty to God.  We can say to ourselves: I know that God is with me
and will help me to think and say and do the right thing.

I pray that I may never feel inadequate to any situation.  I pray that I may
be buoyed up by the feeling that God is always with me.

Marilyn asks prayers as she looks for a good job. Marl asks prayers for her
friend's sister who has diabetes. Cathie asks prayers for a special
intention.