<MP>Sunday, 05 April 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2009 18:51:23 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

L E N T    P A G E S
Visit my "Lent" page for lots of good information ....  a count-down 'til
Easter, Lenten Reconciliation (including a very portable "Credit Card to
Heaven" to take with you, an Examination of Conscience .... all you'll need
to go to Confession except the sins.  Visit our on-line Stations of the
Cross too, illustrated by the kids of Saint Pat's School.  Our Stations and
Reconciliation aids are available both in English and Spanish.  Follow the
link from: www.frpat.com

O N - L I N E    S T A T I O N S    O F    T H E     C R O S S
Visit my on-line Stations of the Cross.  I wrote the text for children and
adults alike.  The Stations were illustrated by the children of Saint Pat's
School. They're available in English and Spanish as well. Visit the Stations
every day during Lent.  I think you'll like them a great deal.
Here's the link: www.frpat.com/stations.htm

St. Vincent Ferrer (1350?-1419)
The polarization in the Church today is a mild breeze compared with the
tornado that ripped the Church apart during the lifetime of this saint. If
any saint is a patron of reconciliation, Vincent Ferrer is.
Despite parental opposition, he entered the Dominican Order in his native
Spain at 19. After brilliant studies, he was ordained a priest by Cardinal
Peter de Luna-who would figure tragically in his life. Of a very ardent
nature, Vincent practiced the austerities of his Order with great energy. He
was chosen prior of the Dominican house in Valencia shortly after his
ordination.  For more, follow the link below:

The Lord GOD is my help, therefore I am not disgraced; I have set my face
like flint, knowing that I shall not be put to shame.  ~Isaiah 50:4-7

The veil of the sanctuary was torn in two from top to bottom. When the
centurion who stood facing him saw how he breathed his last he said, "Truly
this man was the Son of God!" ~Matthew 15:1-39

With this weekend's Masses we begin the holiest week of the year.  We have a
chance to attend the complete Triduum of services ... the Mass of the Lord's
Supper on Holy Thursday, the Good Friday Service, the Easter Vigil and
Easter Masses. We can enter into the passion, death and resurrection of
Jesus Himself. We come to see that Jesus experienced all the emotions of the
human heart.  We can heed his words too, that if we wish to be His disciples
we must pick up our cross each day and follow in His footsteps.

Jane asks prayers for a special intention. Irene asks prayers for a special
intention. Tom asks prayers for a special intention.

Rosemary asks prayers for a special intention. A member kindly asks for
prayers for her young daughter who will be having surgery on Monday. Munnas
asks for your prayer for her husband (soon to be ex spouse) to find peace
and love in his heart again and not to hold bitterness and regret as his
dearest companions.