<MP>Sunday, 04 October 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2009 19:23:08 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Francis of Assisi (1182-1226)
Francis of Assisi was a poor little man who astounded and inspired the
Church by taking the gospel literally-not in a narrow fundamentalist sense,
but by actually following all that Jesus said and did, joyfully, without
limit and without a sense of self-importance. Serious illness brought the
young Francis to see the emptiness of his frolicking life as leader of
Assisi's youth. Prayer-lengthy and difficult-led him to a self-emptying like
that of Christ, climaxed by embracing a leper he met on the road. It
symbolized his complete obedience to what he had heard in prayer: "Francis!
Everything you have loved and desired in the flesh it is your duty to
despise and hate, if you wish to know my will. And when you have begun this,
all that now seems sweet and lovely to you will become intolerable and
bitter, but all that you used to avoid will turn itself to great sweetness
and exceeding joy."   For more, follow the link below:

"This one, at last, is bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; this one
shall be called 'woman, ' for out of 'her man' this one has been taken."
That is why a man leaves his father and mother and clings to his wife, and
the two of them become one flesh. ~Genesis 2:18-24

But from the beginning of creation, God made them male and female. For this
reason a man shall leave his father and mother
and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh. So they are
no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, no
human being must separate."  ~Mark 10:2-16

God is completely committed to us.  He says, "I will be your God and you
will be my people."  He wants us to be committed to Him as well, and to
honor our commitments to one another.  As we reflect on the Sacrament of
Marriage we remember that we're called, in our marriages, to be visible
signs of the presence of God. May God be with us and bless us, that we may
be faithful to our calling.

I pray that I may be a sacrament of God's love.  I pray that I may be
faithful to my commitments, and if I'm married, particularly my marriage
commitment.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Sharon asks prayers for a special intention. Joyce asks prayers for a
special intention. A member requests prayers for his pets on the feast of
St. Francis of Assisi, for their health and continued companionship.
Anna-Maria requests prayers for the residents of Scaletta Zanclea and
Gampilieri, in Sicily, Italy who have suffered from the huge landslides.