<MP>Sunday, 04 May 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 May 2008 19:52:10 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

         A CHANGE
I was notified by Gary at Pentecost Tours that American Airlines contacted
him to tell him they are no longer flying from Rome to Chicago on the Friday
we return. We're in the process of making adjustments.  A decision had to be
made as to add or subtract a day from the trip.  The schedule was already
tight, so we decided to add a day.  That would give us either a full day in
Rome or 1/2 day more in Sorrento and 1/2 day in Rome.  I'll let you know
when it's on-line. Gary is dealing with hotels in Italy and will try to firm
things up on Monday.  I'll let you know when the new brochure is on-line.

We'll visit Southern Italy, Assisi, Rome and the Vatican from 10-21 November
2008.  The brochure is available in Church or on-line.  Just follow the link
from: www.frpat.com

Blessed Michael Giedroyc (d. 1485)
A life of physical pain and mental torment didn't prevent Michael Giedroyc
from achieving holiness.
Born near Vilnius, Lithuania, Michael suffered from physical and permanent
handicaps from birth. He was a dwarf who had the use of only one foot.
Because of his delicate physical condition, his formal education was
frequently interrupted. But over time, Michael showed special skills at
metalwork. Working with bronze and silver, he created sacred vessels,
including chalices. For more, follow the link below:

They said, "Men of Galilee, why are you standing there looking at the sky?
This Jesus who has been taken up from you into heaven will return in the
same way as you have seen him going into heaven." ~Acts 1:1-11

Then Jesus approached and said to them, "All power in heaven and on earth
has been given to me. Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations,
baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy
Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold,
I am with you always, until the end of the age." ~Matthew 28:16-20

After Jesus ascends to Heaven, his disciples stand looking at the sky.
They're asked why they're doing this and are reminded that they now need to
busy themselves doing the Lord's work.  In our Gospel Jesus says, "Go,
therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of
the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit."

I pray that I may know my continuing connection with the Lord as I strive to
do His work by welcoming all people into His Kingdom. I pray that I may
remember that He is with me always, until the end of the age!

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Neil asks prayers for his wife who is experiencing severe pain. Bee asks
prayers that someone may not have an abortion. Bob asks for prayers for his
upcoming surgery.

Alvina asks prayers as she is undergoing very stressful situation in office
and at home. Sudeep asks prayers for several intentions. Ivy asks prayers
for God to bring her ex-boyfriend and her back together.

Gen asks prayers that her daughter will find a good job soon and will not
continue to have anxiety attacks. will find a good job soon and will not
continue to have anxiety attacks. Amy asks prayers for a dear friend's
sister who has the shingles.

Cherie requests prayers for her daughters that will do really good in there
sport acro competition on Saturday. May God guide Judy in her upcoming
interview, so that she may serve His will for her vocation. Kathy asks
prayers for several people who are sick.