<MP>Sunday, 04 June 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2006 22:21:26 -0500

F A T I M A / L O U R D E S / S P A I N / L I S I E U X / P A R I S
Thirty-two are now registered.
Remember, to go on the trip you need to register with and pay your deposit
to Pentecost Tours. For complete details, follow the link from:
www.frpat.com

P O D C A S T    /  G O D C A S T
Visit the newest part of my Web Site.  Download the latest Sunday homily.
Listen to it at your computer or download to your MP3 player. Or, subscribe
to the free RSS Feed and download them automatically. Just follow the
"Godcast" link from:  www.frpat.com

D A    V I N C I    C O D E    D E B U N K E D
Just follow the link from: www.frpat.com

T E C H    T I P    F R O M     F A T H E R    P A T
Somebody want's to give you money?

Most of us have received e-mails, mostly from Nigeria or another African
Country.  They come from various relatives of someone who died with a lot of
money, who wants to get money out of the country and give some to you, who
wants to give to charity, who is dying of an incurable disease and wants to
do something nice for you.  They most often ask for your phone number,
e-mail address and other information.  Then they'll contact you and want to
send a check, or transfer the money directly into your bank account.  Of
course they'll need account numbers.  It's a SCAM every time.  Somebody
actually sent me a check for four thousand dollars this year.  I was
supposed to wire $2000 to someone in Florida and keep the rest.  Needless to
say the account didn't exist and the check would have bounced, after I'd
sent money on.  The best tip . don't respond!

     From Father Pat Umberger

"Yet, O LORD, you are our Father; we are the clay, and you are our potter;
we are all the work of your hand."  ~Isaiah 64:8

Molding our lives means cutting and shaping our material into something
good, something  which can express the spiritual.  We have been given the
clay out of which we can mold something spiritual.  We can first recognize
the selfishness in our desires and motives, actions and words, and then mold
that selfishness until it is sublimated into a spiritual tool for good.  As
the work of molding proceeds, we can see more and more clearly what must be
done to mold our lives into something even better.

I pray that I may mold my life into something useful and good.  I pray that
I may not be discouraged by the slow progress that I make.

Tommy asks prayers for two sisters who will be having surgery this week.
Joanna asks for several intentions that are keeping her from taking care of
herself. Kris asks for prayers for her siblings who have addiction problems
and her husband and father who are ill.

Edna request prayers for a friend's granddaughter who is battling cancer.
Edward asks for a special intention.