<MP>Sunday, 04 July 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2010 19:50:36 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

   ~~~ EARLY SIGN-UP DEADLINE ENDS AFTER 10 JULY ~~~
            PRICE GOES UP $100 AFTER THAT.

18-28 October 2010 - $2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse Brochure,
sign-up sheet & links to hotels are now available at the Web Site:

St. Elizabeth of Portugal (1271-1336)
Elizabeth is usually depicted in royal garb with a dove or an olive branch.
At her birth in 1271, her father, Pedro III, future king of Aragon, was
reconciled with his father, James, the reigning monarch. This proved to be a
portent of things to come. Under the healthful influences surrounding her
early years, she quickly learned self-discipline and acquired a taste for
spirituality. Thus fortunately prepared, she was able to meet the challenge
when, at the age of 12, she was given in marriage to Denis, king of
Portugal. She was able to establish for herself a pattern of life conducive
to growth in God's love, not merely through her exercises of piety,
including daily Mass, but also through her exercise of charity, by which she
was able to befriend and help pilgrims, strangers, the sick, the poor-in a
word, all those whose need came to her notice. At the same time she remained
devoted to her husband, whose infidelity to her was a scandal to the
kingdom.

May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through
which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world. ~Galatians
6:14-18

Go on your way; behold, I am sending you like lambs among wolves. Carry no
money bag, no sack, no sandals; and greet no one along the way. Luke 10:1-9

God made us and calls us to Himself. We are to be people of gratitude, but
also people who accept our cross and follow in Jesus' footsteps. He sends us
out like lambs among wolves to do His work and His will.

I pray that I may rejoice in what God has given me and know His presence
with me during the challenges and difficulties of my life.  I pray that I
may go out each day to do the Lord's will.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

JoAnn asks prayers for a special intention. Mary asks prayers for a special
intention. Luvina requests prayers for healing related to a personal issue.
Helen-Ann asks prayers for a special intention. Kathy asks prayers for
several intentions.

JP requests prayers for his son and friend for safe travel from Nebraska to
Wisconsin over this July 4 weekend. Member asks for prayers for grandson who
has drinking and social problems and for all the lives and livelihoods
affected by the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.

Gloria asks that the Lord lays his healing hand upon her co-worker and
remove the cancer from his body and that HE bless and watch over her
co-worker's family. A mother asks prayers for her son who has a job
interview in his chosen field on Tuesday, that it go well, and if this is
the Lord's will, that  it will work out favorably.