<MP>Sunday, 04 January 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 21:06:16 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P  R A Y E R  :=:
     ~From Father Pat Umberger

I T ' S    D A Y    O N E
It's day one after the Transplant.  Things went pretty well last night.
I've had a little shakiness today, probably because of the increased drugs I
have to take to protect me from any kind of infection.  We made our way to
the Hospital at 9:30 this morning.  Tests must have been OK or they would
have called.  Now we'll continue in this routine until things get worse or
better.  If they get worse it might mean a blood transfusion, fluids, or a
night or so in the Hospital.  If not, we'll stay the course! I wish for you
a Happy, Healthy and Hoy New Year!  Read much more at my blog, updated every
day at:  www.frpat.com/mayoblog

H A P P Y    N E W    Y E A R
I wish all of you a Happy, Healthy and Holy New Year.   Here's a favorite
forward of mine.  I hope you enjoy it.  It appears along with many other
things at my New Year's page:  www.frpat.com/newyear.htm

.=:  S A I N T    O F    T H E    D A Y  :=.

The Epiphany of the Lord

  For more, follow this link:
http://www.americancatholic.org/features/SaintofDay/

.=:  S C R I P T U R E    O F    T  H E    D A Y  :=.

Caravans of camels shall fill you, dromedaries from Midian and Ephah; all
from Sheba shall come
bearing gold and frankincense, and proclaiming the praises of the LORD.
~Isaiah 60:1-6

It was not made known to people in other generations  as it has now been
revealed to his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit:  that the Gentiles
are coheirs, members of the same body, and copartners in the promise in
Christ Jesus through the gospel. ~Ephesians:2-3a, 5-6

They were overjoyed at seeing the star, and on entering the house  they saw
the child with Mary his mother. They prostrated themselves and did him
homage. Then they opened their treasures and offered him gifts of gold,
frankincense, and myrrh. And having been warned in a dream not to return to
Herod, they departed for their country by another way. ~Matthew 2:1-12

.=: M E D I T A T I O N    O F    T H E    D A Y  :=.

As we celebrate the Epiphany of the Lord we're reminded that all of us
belong to the same  Body, the Body of Christ.  As the Kings, Astrologers or
Wise Men arrived, they prostrated themselves and did Jesus homage.  They
offered gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh. Then they went back to their
country by another way, to make know or make manifest what they saw at the
manger.  That's our job, too.  To welcome Jesus into our hearts, and then to
make Him known to all those around us.  That might mean we have to take
another look at Christmas.  It's not something that's over at all . but just
beginning.

 .=: P R A Y E R    F O R    T H E    D A Y  :=.

I pray that I may come to know Jesus more and more, and to make him known in
the way I treat those around me.  I pray that I may do my part to bring
about the justice that leads to lasting peace in the world I live in, and
see that all people belong to the same Body, the Body of Christ.

I pray that I may always seek the truth.  I pray that I may be grateful for
John the Apostle, his privileged relationship with Jesus and all he shares
with us about God, His love for us and His call for us to love one another.

We pray for the justice that leads to lasting peace, and for the willingness
to stand up for and defend life. We pray for all those being called to
Church vocations, that they may be willing to respond generously.

Keep me in your prayers and know you are remembered in mine as well.  May
God continue to bless you and those you love, and keep you safe!

Father Pat
                    ~Be still and know that I am God."  ~Psalm 46:10