<MP>Sunday, 04 February 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2007 18:42:29 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

"If God so clothes the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow
is thrown into the oven, how much more will he clothe you--you of little
faith!  And do not keep striving for what you are to eat and what you are to
drink, and do not keep worrying.  For it is the nations of the world that
strive after all these things, and your Father knows that you need them.
Instead, strive for his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as
well."  ~Luke 12:28-31

I know that God cannot teach anyone who is trusting in a "crutch."  I can
throw away the worldly things I have come to depend upon and walk in God's
power and spirit.  God's power can so invigorate me that I can indeed walk
on to victory.  There is never any limit go God's power.  I can go step by
step, one day at a time.  God's will can be revealed to me as I go forward.

I pray that I may have more and more dependence on God.  I pray that I may
throw away the "crutches" I sometimes rely upon and let God's power take
their place.

Bee asks prayers that the pain in her foot will go away. Roberta asks
prayers for the safety of her priest who will be traveling in dangerous
territory in the Philippines. Toni asks prayers for a special intention.
Martha requests prayers for her daughter for healing from a sensitive gag
reflex/gastric reflux.

George asks prayers for a young mother to be, who lost her child one week
before her due date. Holly asks prayers for a special intention. A mother
requests prayers for her daughter and son-in-law who are adopting a baby and
for the birth mother.

A mother requests prayers for her son who is recently divorced, that he will
return to the Church with his 2 children and will find peace. Frieda asks
prayers for a special intention. A member requests prayers for family
members who are experiencing ill health, for healing and comfort. Barbara
requests prayers for son-in-law's healing. Shannon asks prayers for her
husband who is unemployed to find meaningful work.

Keep me in your prayers and know you're remembered in mine as well.   May
God continue to draw near to you and those you love and keep you safe!

All the best and God Bless,

Fr. Pat's Web Site
Reaching Out
Parish Site