<MP>Sunday, 03 September 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2006 18:48:59 -0500

=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.

B A C K    T O    S C H O O L

Our School starts on September 5th.  This coming weekend we'll bless all
students, teachers, bus drivers, administrators, custodians, lunch room
workers, aides, university presidents, etc.  Visit the Web Site for a parish
blessing and also an individual blessing parents can pray with their
children on the first day of school, and every day if they wish.  I also
include plenty of good links for parents, children and teens.  Just follow
the link from:

"Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I
will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am
gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my
yoke is easy, and my burden is light."  ~Matthew 11:28-30

Our spiritual life depends upon the unseen.  To live the spiritual life we
can believe in the unseen.  We can try not to lose the consciousness of
God's spirit in us and in others.  As a child in its mother's arms, we can
stay sheltered in the understanding and love of God.  God can relieve us of
the weight of worry and care, misery and depression, want and woe, faintness
and heartache, if we will allow it.  We can lift up our eyes from earth's
troubles and view the glory of the unseen God.  Each day we can try to see
more good in people, more of the unseen in the seen.

I pray that I may rest and abide in the presence of the unseen God.  I pray
that I may leave my burdens in God's care.

Dee requests prayers for employment.  Let's pray for safe travel.  We pray
too for students, teachers and all who will be working at School, that it
may be a blessed year for all!