<MP>Sunday, 03 May 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 May 2009 16:29:14 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Sts. Philip and James
James, Son of Alphaeus: We know nothing of this man but his name, and of
course the fact that Jesus chose him to be one of the 12 pillars of the New
Israel, his Church. He is not the James of Acts, son of Clopas, "brother" of
Jesus and later bishop of Jerusalem and the traditional author of the Letter
of James. James, son of Alphaeus, is also known as James the Lesser to avoid
confusing him with James the son of Zebedee, also an apostle and known as
James the Greater. Philip: Philip came from the same town as Peter and
Andrew, Bethsaida in Galilee. Jesus called him directly, whereupon he sought
out Nathanael and told him of the "one about whom Moses wrote" (John 1:45).
For more, follow the link below:

He is the stone rejected by you, the builders, which has become the
cornerstone. There is no salvation through anyone else, nor is there any
other name under heaven given to the human race by which we are to be
saved." ~Acts 4:8-12

I am the good shepherd, and I know mine and mine know me, just as the Father
knows me and I know the Father; and I will lay down my life for the sheep. I
have other sheep that do not belong to this fold. These also I must lead,
and they will hear my voice, and there will be one flock, one shepherd.
~John 10:11-18

It is good for us to be able to look up to and trust our leaders.  Most of
us had that kind of relationship with our parents.  We can certainly look up
to and trust Jesus, our Good Shepherd.  The more we know him the more
natural it is for us to follow him.  We are called to work for unity too,
that "there will be one flock, one shepherd."

I pray that I may always look to Jesus for direction in my life.  I pray
that I may follow Him willingly and work for unity in the Church and all
around me.