<MP>Sunday, 02 September 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2007 22:44:15 -0500

J O I N    S I S T E R    J O S E L D A    A N D    M E

A great Pilgrimage to the Holy Land - 04-15 November 2007!
Several seats are still available.

Follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

O F F    T O    B O S T O N

Father Pat will be in Boston for medical tests from September 7th-11th.
Morning Prayer will not contain prayer intentions during that time, since it
has already been prepared.  Our Pastoral Minister Margie will Morning Prayer
during that time.

     From Father Pat Umberger

"He must increase, but I must decrease."  ~John 3:30

We can try to stand aside and let God work through us.  We can try not to
block God off by our own efforts, or prevent God's spirit from working
through us.  God desires our obedient service and our loyalty to the ideals
of the new life we are seeking.  If we are loyal to God, He can give us
protection against mistakes.  God's spirit can plan for us and secure for us
a sufficiency of all spiritual help.  We can have true victory and real
success, if we will put ourselves in the background and let God work through
us.

I pray that I may not interfere with the working of God's spirit in me and
through me.  I pray that I may give it full rein.

Dorothy asks prayers for a friend who has breast cancer and needs surgery.
Shirley asks prayers for Father Pat who has a follow up appointment for his
eye problem. A member requests prayer for his wife who will be having
bladder repair surgery Wednesday.

Lenny offers prayers of Thanksgiving for a recent job offer and requests
guidance on her decision. Cathy requests prayers for her son who is seeking
full custody of his daughter. Nancy from PA requests prayers for her niece
and family who are having financial problems as well as a lot of stress in
their lives that she will realize how important having God in her life is
and He is the answer to her problems.

Dawn is thankful for the prayers for her mom, as she has gone on to God's
holy kingdom. A member and her sibling request prayers that God's
miraculously cures their mother from myeloma. Alvina asks prayers for a
special intention. Karen asks  prayers for her brother who is in need of
conversion.