<MP>Sunday, 02 November 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2008 18:51:36 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to look
forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize every
day in 2009 ... from $30 to $500.  Prizes total $16,755.  Only 3000
calendars are sold.  If you're interested in helping out, just follow the
banner link from:  www.stpatz.com

V O T I N G    R E S O U R C E S
I'm also Webmaster for the Diocese of La Crosse.  Our Bishop has recommended
lots of good materials to help us prepare to vote.  He asks us to be
Catholic when we enter the voting booth!  You'll find plenty to ponder at:
   www.dioceseoflacrosse.com/

Commemoration of the Faithful Departed (All Souls)
The Church has encouraged prayer for the dead from the earliest times as an
act of Christian charity. "If we had no care for the dead," Augustine noted,
"we would not be in the habit of praying for them." Yet pre-Christian rites
for the deceased kept such a strong hold on the superstitious imagination
that a liturgical commemoration was not observed until the early Middle
Ages, when monastic communities began to mark an annual day of prayer for
the departed members.  For more, follow the link below:

The souls of the just are in the hand of God, and no torment shall touch
them. They seemed, in the view of the foolish, to be dead; and their passing
away was thought an affliction and their going forth from us, utter
destruction. But they are in peace. ~Wisdom 3:1-9

We were indeed buried with him through baptism into death, so that, just as
Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might
live in newness of life. ~Romans 6:3-9

For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who sees the Son and
believes in him may have eternal life, and I shall raise him on the last
day." ~John 6:37-40

Today we remember our deceased relatives and friends.  We remain intimately
connected with them in the Communion of Saints.  They can help us from their
place in God's Kingdom, and we can help them by our prayers on their behalf
here on earth. All of us, the living and the dead, are connected through our
common Baptism.  We were anointed priest, prophet and king. As we continue
to heal after the death of our loved ones, we have hearts full of gratitude,
for the wonderful way He has blessed us in giving them to us. Eternal rest
grant upon them O Lord. And let perpetual light shine upon them. May the
souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.
Amen.

I pray that I may maintain a strong bond with those who have gone before me.
I pray that I may live a life worthy of my calling, and through my example,
help others to do the same. I pray that I may wait in joyful hope for the
time I return to the Lord, am able to see God face to face, and come to
understand the many mysteries that stand before me.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Clairann requests prayers for her nieces 8 year old son who is very sick in
the hospital, and the doctors can't find what's wrong with him. Nancy from
PA requests prayers that all Catholics as well as all Americans will view
the videos at catholicvote.com or fathercorapi.com before they vote on
Tuesday for a message that is all powerful and will put the issues into
perspective.

Nancy asks prayers for a family friend who died this week. A member requests
prayers for an old school friend who is gravely ill, that the Lord continues
to support and comfort her young family during this time of trial. Kris asks
prayers for her husband and for a friend who both have cancer. Pat asks
prayers for healing from breast cancer.

Sandra asks prayers for a special intention. A member requests prayers for
himself and his father who are experiencing health problems, for healing and
comfort. Member fervently asks for prayers for our Nation during the
upcoming election that we will elect a candidate that does not endorse
abortion. Peg asks prayers for guidance for all the people of the United
States as they prepare to vote on Tuesday.