<MP>Sunday, 02 March 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2008 20:12:43 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Agnes of Bohemia (1205-1282)
Agnes had no children of her own but was certainly life-giving for all who
knew her. Agnes was the daughter of Queen Constance and King Ottokar I of
Bohemia. At the age of three, she was betrothed to the Duke of Silesia, who
died three years later. As she grew up, she decided she wanted to enter the
religious life. For more, click the link below:

But the LORD said to Samuel: "Do not judge from his appearance or from his
lofty stature, because I have rejected him. Not as man sees does God see,
because man sees the appearance but the LORD looks into the heart."  ~ 1
Samuel 16:1b, 6-7, 10-13a

Jesus said to them, "If you were blind, you would have no sin; but now you
are saying, 'We see,' so your sin remains. ~ John 9:1-41

Sometimes we see ourselves as persons with great vision. When we judge by
appearances sometimes we're even blinder than those who cannot physically
see.  We can ask the Lord to help us see as He does, so that when we judge
we might look into the heart rather than judge by appearance.

I pray that I may not judge by appearance, but rather what is in the heart.
I pray that I may realize that I will sometimes be blind.  I pray that the
Lord may help me see as He does.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Jan asks for prayers for a friend's mother who is dying of ovarian cancer. D
asks for prayers for a young mom who has a brain aneurysm, stroke and
paralysis. Donna asks for healing for lung infection and related heart
disease.

Rosemary asks prayers for Fr. Pat, that his eye will heal, if it be God's
will. Charlene asks prayers for all those who receive morning prayer that
they may have the strength and stamina Fr. Pat shows us in his ongoing
battle with his eye problem. Paula asks prayers for her son who has started
Marine boot camp.