<MP>Sunday, 02 December 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2007 18:57:11 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     from Father Pat Umberger

R A F F L E    C A L E N D A R
$16,755 in Prizes!  A winner every day all year!

2008 Adesse Raffle Calendars are now available!  There are daily drawings
from 01 January-31 December 2008.  Calendars are $25. You'll be a winner
because you'll be helping our parish . . . and you might win a prize as
well!  If you're interested, just visit our Parish Web Site to see the
calendar, prizes and more . . . and fill out the easy form there and we'll
save some for you!  Just follow the banner link from: www.stpatz.com

A D V E N T    P A G E S
Our Advent Pages are up and running ... from links to alternative Christmas
gifts to much more.  Just follow the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

"They shall beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning
hooks; one nation shall not raise the sword against another, nor shall they
train for war again.  ~Isaiah 2:1-5

"Let us then throw off the works of darkness and put on the armor of light."
~Romans 13:11-14

Peace was the dream of the people in the time of Isaiah the Prophet, in the
time of Jesus and in our time as well. We can hope for peace and work for
peace by working for justice.  We can throw off the works of darkness and
put on the armor of light, knowing that Jesus is the source of our peace.
God can do for us what we could never do for ourselves.

I pray that I may build peace by working for justice.  I pray that I may
trust God and prepare myself for the coming of Jesus at Christmas and for
His second coming at the end of time as well.