<MP>Saturday, 31 May 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 18:35:01 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

   Now departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD) and New York
(JFK)
   *** 12 of the 26 seats we're holding from La Crosse have already been
taken.
   Use the NEW BROCHURE ... on-line now at www.frpat.com
   The new brochure has a picture of Fr. Pat and Sister Joselda on the
cover.

Visitation
This is a fairly late feast, going back only to the 13th or 14th century. It
was established widely throughout the Church to pray for unity. The present
date of celebration was set in 1969 in order to follow the Annunciation of
the Lord (March 25) and precede the Birthday of John the Baptist (June 24).
For more, follow the link below:

When Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting, the infant leaped in her womb, and
Elizabeth, filled with the Holy Spirit, cried out in a loud voice and said,
"Most blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb.
~Luke 1:39-56

And Mary said: "My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord; my spirit
rejoices in God my Savior, for he has looked with favor on his lowly
servant. From this day all generations will call me blessed: the Almighty
has done great things for me,
and holy is his Name.

On this Feast of the Visitation we recall how Mary visits her cousin
Elizabeth. Both are pregnant.  Jesus makes John the
Baptist leap in the womb of Elizabeth for joy.  Elizabeth, filled with the
Holy Spirit, speaks her words of praise for Mary. And Mary gives all the
credit to God, praising His greatness and rejoicing in him. Mary does what
the Lord asks without question. What a beautiful stance before God. It's one
worthy of our imitation.

I pray that I may enter into the wonder of the Visitation experience.  I
pray that my joy may be contagious.  I pray too, that I may give credit to
God when good things come my way, and that I may always take a grateful and
accepting stance before God.