<MP>Saturday, 30 August 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 19:22:30 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

   Only ELEVEN seats remain, FOUR from La Crosse.
   10-22 November 2008

   Assisi, Rome, the Vatican, Orvieto, Loreto, Lanciano,
   Sorrento, Capri, the Blue Grotto, amalfi, Pompeii,
   Montecassino, Mt St. Angelo, San Giovanni Rotondo,
   the Wednesday audience with Pope Benedict XVI and more!

   Departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD) and New York (JFK)
   Use the brochure ... on-line now at www.frpat.com

Blessed Jeanne Jugan (1792-1879)
Being of humble origins needn't keep us from doing great things for God.
Blessed Jeanne Jugan is proof of that.
Born to a poor family in Brittany, France, she learned the meaning of hard
work at an early age. She also learned the beauty of the faith passed on to
her by her widowed mother. At the age of 16, Jeanne became a kitchen maid
for a family whose mistress often took the young girl on visits to the sick
and poor. Over time Jeanne developed a special love for the aged,
particularly poor widows  For more, follow the link below:

Rather, God chose the foolish of the world to shame the wise, and God chose
the weak of the world to shame the strong,
and God chose the lowly and despised of the world, those who count for
nothing, to reduce to nothing those who are something, so that no human
being might boast before God. ~1 Corinthians 1:26-31

Should you not then have put my money in the bank so that I could have got
it back with interest on my return? Now then! Take the talent from him and
give it to the one with ten. For to everyone who has, more will be given and
he will grow rich; but from the one who has not, even what he has will be
taken away. ~Matthew 25:14-30

God has given us so much!  Sometimes we can believe we don't have much to
offer because we don't have lofty titles or lots of money. WE are reminded
by Paul that God "chose the weak of the world to shame the strong ... those
who count for nothing, to reduce to nothing those who are something, so that
no human being might boast before God." We can invest the gifts God has
given us in doing His work and His will.  We and others will be amazed at
what we can accomplish in God's name.

I pray that I may not judge myself and my gifts by the standards of the
world.  I pray that I may use my precious gifts to do God's work and God's
will.  I pray that my example will help others follow God's call and fully
use their gifts as well.