<MP>Saturday, 27 October 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 15:42:00 -0500

H O L Y    L A N D    P I L G R I M A G E
TWO SEATS NOW AVAILABLE!

Were you interested in the Holy Land Pilgrimage, but moved too slowly.  Has
your situation changed. Gary e-mailed me today to let me know he now has two
more seats for the 04-16 November Pilgrimage to the Holy Land.  Call
Pentecost Tours if you're interested:  800 713-9800.  The Brochure is
available at my Web Site:  www.frpat.com

S E N D    Y O U R    P R A Y E R   I N T E N T I O N S
We'll pray for your Intentions in the Holy Land!

We'll be happy to take your prayer intentions with us to the Holy Land and
pray for you and your intentions at our daily Masses and at the many
Churches and Holy Site's we'll visit.  Just follow the link from
www.frpat.com to send your Intention with us!

     From Father Pat Umberger

Blessed Bartholomew of Vicenza (c. 1200-1271)
A Dominican who used his preaching skills to challenge heresy, he founded a
military order to keep civil peace in towns throughout Italy.  He was
appointed a bishop in 1248 and worked hard to rebuild his diocese and
strengthen its loyalty to Rome. He was beatified in 1793.

"You are not in the flesh; on the contrary, you are in the spirit, if only
the Spirit of God dwells in you." ~ Romans 8:1-11

"Do you think that because these Galileans suffered in this way they were
greater sinners than all other Galileans?  By no means! But I tell you if
you do not repent, you will perish as they did!" ~ Luke 13-1-9

When we push aside our own selfishness and self-will, we find that the
spirit of God wells within us. As it is unleashed we begin to work for
justice, peace and life. It is natural for us to repent and to bear fruit.

I pray that I may push aside my self-will and allow the spirit to be freed
within me.  I pray that I may work for the justice, peace and life that is
God's dream for us.