<MP>Saturday, 27 March 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 19:36:13 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

THERE ARE NOW 37 REGISTERED PILGRIMS.
10 MORE SPACES AVAILABLE, UP TO 7 FROM LA CROSSE.
Remember though, that the first to register get those tickets!
$2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse
SHEET ARE NOW ONLINE! - SIGN UP NOW!
be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin. 18 or fewer
seats from La Crosse are available. If you're interested visit my Web Site
and sign up for informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

L E N T    2 0 1 0
Visit my Lent Page for good links, Reconciliation resources in English and
Spanish, and my own Stations of the Cross in English and Spanish for
children and adults and illustrated by the kids of St. Pat's School.
Follow the link from: www.frpat.com

Blessed Francis Faà di Bruno (1825-1888)
Francis, the last of 12 children, was born in northern Italy into an
aristocratic family. He lived at a particularly turbulent time in history,
when anti-Catholic and anti-papal sentiments were especially strong. After
being trained as a military officer, Francis was spotted by King Victor
Emmanuel II, who was impressed with the young man's character and learning.
Invited by the king to tutor his two young sons, Francis agreed and prepared
himself with additional studies. But with the role of the Church in
education being a sticking point for many, the king was forced to withdraw
his offer to the openly Catholic Francis and, instead, find a tutor more
suitable to the secular state.

I will make with them a covenant of peace; it shall be an everlasting
covenant with them, and I will multiply them, and put my sanctuary among
them forever. My dwelling shall be with them; I will be their God, and they
shall be my people. ~Ezekiel 37:21-28

So the chief priests and the Pharisees convened the Sanhedrin and said,
?What are we going to do? This man is performing many signs. If we leave him
alone, all will believe in him, and the Romans will come  and take away both
our land and our nation.? ~John 11:45-56

Intrigue.  God makes a firm covenant with His people and remains faithful to
it even when the people are unfaithful. In our Gospel today we have chief
priests and Pharisees plotting to get rid of Jesus to preserve their own
position and property.

I pray that I may be faithful to my part of God's covenant.  I pray that I
may strive to walk in Jesus' footsteps rather than to preserve my position
the way it is.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Sharon asks prayers for friends who are having marital problems, that they
will get the help they need to reconcile. Rene asks prayers for a friend who
has throat cancer. Judy asks prayers for her daughters.

Jo Ann requests prayers for special intentions for her son and his family.
Jim asks prayers for his daughter who is in a same-sex relationship.
Rosemary asks prayers for husband who was laid off from his job this week,
after 29 years of service.

Please protect all of the children from the evil that hurts them. Maria asks
prayers for a special intention. Emily requests prayers for a 37 year old
man who has had two surgeries for a malignant brain tumor.