<MP>Saturday, 27 December 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2008 22:26:14 -0600 (CST)

.=:  M O R N I N G    P  R A Y E R  :=:
     ~From Father Pat Umberger

M E R R Y    C H R I S T M A S
I wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy and Holy New Year.
Visit my Web Site for some good Christmas links, our Christmas Card to you
… and even a picture of my “evil” sister and I sitting on Santa’s Lap.
Just follow the banner link from:

.=:  S A I N T    O F    T H E    D A Y  :=.

St. John the Apostle
It is God who calls; human beings answer. The vocation of John and his
brother James is stated very simply in the Gospels, along with that of
Peter and his brother Andrew: Jesus called them; they followed. The
absoluteness of their response is indicated by the account. James and John
“were in a boat, with their father Zebedee, mending their nets. He called
them, and immediately they left their boat and their father and followed
him” (Matthew 4:21b-22).
  For more, follow this link:
http://www.americancatholic.org/features/SaintofDay/

.=:  S C R I P T U R E    O F    T  H E    D A Y  :=.

… we have seen it and testify to it and proclaim to you the eternal life
that was with the Father and was made visible to us what we have seen and
heard we proclaim now to you, so that you too may have fellowship with us;
for our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ. ~1
John 1:1-4

Then the other disciple also went in, the one who had arrived at the tomb
first, and he saw and believed. ~John 20:1a and 2-8

.=: M E D I T A T I O N    O F    T H E    D A Y  :=.

As a good Apostle, John testifies to the truth.  He understands so many
things that he says things over and over again in different ways, adding
shades of meaning that we too might understand more deeply. He enjoyed a
privileged relationship with Jesus and we benefit from his intimate
knowledge.

 .=: P R A Y E R    F O R    T H E    D A Y  :=.

I pray that I may always seek the truth.  I pray that I may be grateful
for John the Apostle, his privileged relationship with Jesus and all he
shares with us about God, His love for us and His call for us to love one
another.

We pray for the justice that leads to lasting peace, and for the
willingness to stand up for and defend life. We pray for all those being
called to Church vocations, that they may be willing to respond
generously.

Keep me in your prayers and know you are remembered in mine as well.  May
God continue to bless you and those you love, and keep you safe!

Father Pat
                    ~Be still and know that I am God.”  ~Psalm 46:10