<MP>Saturday, 26 May 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 19:45:59 -0500

J O I N    M E  ---    M E E T I N G    M A Y   2 9 th
A great Pilgrimage to the Holy Land.
04-15 November 2007
Now is a great time to sign up! The brochure and full information, including
hotel links, is on-line.
Follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

If you live near Onalaska you're invited to an information morning or
evening ... with a great video of many of the places we'll visit,
information about our Pilgrimages in general, and a chance to ask questions.
Tuesday, 29 May at 9:30 a.m. and 7 p.m.  If you think you may be joining us,
let me know as soon as you can so I can keep track of the group!

M E M O R I A L    D A Y    P A G E

Visit our Memorial Day page for:

*History of Memorial Day
*In Flanders Fields
*History of Labor Day
*Our Grief Support Page
*Search for names on the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall.
*Flag Etiquette
*Use the on-line referral form to recommend this special
   page to family members and friends.

Just click the link at: www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

"Now, discipline always seems painful rather than pleasant at the time, but
later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been
trained by it.  Therefore lift your drooping hands and strengthen your weak
knees, and make straight paths for your feet, so that what is lame may not
be put out of joint, but rather be healed. Pursue peace with everyone, and
the holiness without which no one will see the Lord."  ~Hebrews 12:11-14

Self-discipline is necessary before we can handle the power God offers us.
When we see others manifesting God's power, we provably have not seen the
discipline that went before.  They made themselves ready. All our life is a
preparation for more good to be accomplished when God knows that we are
ready for it.  We can keep disciplining ourselves in the spiritual life
every day.  We can learn so much of the spiritual laws that our lives cannot
again be a failure.  Others will see the outward manifestation of the inward
discipline in our daily living.

I pray that I may manifest God's power in my daily living.  I pray that I
may discipline myself so as to be ready to meet every opportunity.

Barbara requests prayers for her mother who passed away early Friday. Jo Ann
requests prayers for special intentions for her son and his family. JP asks
prayers for a friend whose father died unexpectedly, then his son was killed
in an auto accident within several weeks.

Thom asks prayers for his sister who needs to find a job that will be
fulfilling to her spirit and life. Tom is asking for prayers to find a new
position. Christine asks prayers for her nephew who needs to find a good job
and keep it. Brian asks for freedom from his many fears as he and a friend
travel to a Camping Event for those in 12 Step Recovery this Memorial Day
Weekend.

Antoinette asks prayers for a special intention. Mary requests prayers for
her sister and husband who are in big financial trouble, that they can get
it resolved.