<MP>Saturday, 26 July 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 21:31:00 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

   EARLY SIGN-UP DEADLINE IS AUGUST 2nd!
   SIGN UP & PAY DEPOSIT BY THEN AND SAVE $100!

   Now departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD) and New York
(JFK)
   *** At least 14 of the 26 seats we're holding from La Crosse have already
been taken.
   Use the NEW BROCHURE ... on-line now at www.frpat.com

Sts. Joachim and Ann
In the Scriptures, Matthew and Luke furnish a legal family history of Jesus,
tracing ancestry to show that Jesus is the culmination of great promises.
Not only is his mother's family neglected, we also know nothing factual
about them except that they existed. Even the names Joachim and Ann come
from a legendary source written more than a century after Jesus died.   For
more, follow the link below:

Thus says the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel: Reform your ways and your
deeds, so that I may remain with you in this place. Put not your trust in
the deceitful words: "This is the temple of the LORD! The temple of the
LORD! The temple of the LORD!" ~Jeremiah 7:1-11

The slaves of the householder came to him and said, 'Master, did you not sow
good seed in your field? Where have the weeds come from?' He answered, 'An
enemy has done this.' His slaves said to him, 'Do you want us to go and pull
them up?'
He replied, 'No, if you pull up the weeds you might uproot the wheat along
with them. ~Matthew 13:24-30

As we celebrate the Memorial of Saints Joachim and Anne, parents of the
Blessed Virgin Mary, we look at the importance of parents and grandparents.
They set a path and pattern for our lives.  Their tested faith becomes real
to us, and they pass on to us a treasure. Wheat and weeds grow up together,
and we need a course and direction to help us reform our lives when that's
necessary, and to follow the good path God sets forth for us.

I pray that I may pass on good things to the younger ones in my family.  I
pray that my faith may grow and that I might be a good example of living
faith to those around me.