<MP>Saturday, 26 August 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 22:26:48 -0500

Fatima / Lourdes/ Spain /France 2006

October 2-13, 2006.  Several seats may still be available. Seats will be
ticketed on 02 September.  If you'd like to join us, act now!

As always, the Pilgrimage Brochure, map of our travels, links to our Hotels
and much more are available at my Web Site.  Just click the link from:

.=:  R A F F L E    T I C K E T S  :=.
     Family Fun Fest

Our Family Fun Fest is October 15th.  It will be a great afternoon of fun
for our parishioners.  We also have Raffle Tickets available.  There are 4
$1000 prizes, a $500 prize and 5 $100 prizes.  If you'd like tickets, see
the special page at our Parish Web Site.  I appreciate the many of you who
help out in this way.  I can't remember a raffle when some of our
cyber-members weren't winners!  One of our cyber-members has won twice in
the St. Pat's Calendar Raffle already!  Just follow the link from:

       www.stpatz.com

"As for that in the good soil, these are the ones who, when they hear the
word, hold it fast in an honest and good heart, and bear fruit with patient
endurance."  ~Luke 8:15

The laws of nature cannot be changed and must be obeyed if we are to stay
healthy.  No exceptions can be made in our case.  We can submit to the laws
of nature or they will finally break us.  And in the realm of the spirit, in
all human relationships, we can submit to the moral laws and to the will of
God.  If we continue to break the laws of honesty, purity, unselfishness and
love, we can be broken to some extent ourselves.  The moral and spiritual
laws of God, like the laws of nature, are unbreakable without some disaster.
If we are dishonest, impure, selfish and unloving, we are not living
according to the laws of the spirit and we may suffer the consequences.

I pray that I may submit to the laws of nature and to the laws of God. I
pray that I may live in harmony with all the laws of life.

Carrie asks prayers for someone who has lost a pet.  Pat asks prayers for a
son-in-law, who is serving with the National Guard in Iraq and celebrated
his birthday this week. JP asks prayers for his wife who is recovering from
collapsed bone structure of her foot due to diabetes and neuroprothy.  Fr.
Pat asks prayers for an Airman killed in Afghanistan, and for his family.

A member asks prayers for his wife while he travels, that she be safe and
happy and not worry too much. Mary asks prayers for her 14 year old
granddaughter who is being prepared for a bone marrow transplant in October
and is beginning her freshman year in high school today. Alphones from India
asks prayers for her son as he begins engineering school. Rosa asks prayers
for her mother who is having surgery tomorrow.

A member asks prayers for her son who is looking for a job. Martha requests
prayers for her friend who is experiencing crises in her family related to
drug and alcohol addiction. LaVonne asks for prayers for a friend who is
suffering with severe depression. A member asks for prayers towards
continued good health for his family and himself, along with the sale of his
home and acquisition of a new position.