<MP>Saturday, 25 October 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 17:39:11 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Blessed Antônio de Sant?Anna Galvão (1739-1822)
God?s plan in a person?s life often takes unexpected turns which become
life-giving through cooperation with God?s grace.
Born in Guarantingueta near São Paulo (Brazil), Antônio attended the Jesuit
seminary in Belem but later decided to become a Franciscan friar. Invested
in 1760, he made final profession the following year and was ordained in
1762.  For more, follow the link below:

Rather, living the truth in love, we should grow in every way into him who
is the head, Christ, from whom the whole Body,
joined and held together by every supporting ligament, with the proper
functioning of each part, brings about the Body?s growth and builds itself
up in love. ~Ephesians 4:7-16

He said to him in reply, ?Sir, leave it for this year also, and I shall
cultivate the ground around it and fertilize it;
it may bear fruit in the future. If not you can cut it down.??  ~Luke 13:1-7

We are called to build up the body of Christ, growing "in every way into Him
who is the head, Christ." God certainly is a God of mercy, and is willing to
give us another chance when we need it.  Still, it is urgent that we first
KNOW that we are part of the Body of Christ, then busy ourselves into
BUILDING UP Christ's body in the world we live in.

I pray that I may know God's mercy in my life, but also His call to build up
the Body of Christ.  I pray that I may grow in Jesus' way as I strive to
follow in His footsteps.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

A member requests prayers for her sister-in-law who is having tests at Mayo
Clinic to find the cause for her severe back pain. Mary asks prayers for her
daughter, 2 young grandchildren, husband, son and herself who are in danger.
Sue asks prayers for a special intention.

Several members ask prayers that we use our voting rights responsibly and
stand up for life in all its forms and stages, from natural conception to
natural death. Terri asks prayers for her son, a senior in college, who is
having a difficult time with a course he needs to graduate. Kurt asks
prayers for those who defend our Country, especially those in harm's way.