<MP>Saturday, 25 April 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 09:15:13 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

P R A Y    F O R    U S
Father Pat is Knights of Columbus Chaplain for the Diocese of La Crosse.  He
will be with his Brother Knights and Sir Knights from Friday to Sunday.
Keep us in your prayers, that we may have the strength and courage to
support the Church and Seminarians and to stand up for life from natural
conception to natural death!

St. Mark
Most of what we know about Mark comes directly from the New Testament. He is
usually identified with the Mark of Acts 12:12. (When Peter escaped from
prison, he went to the home of Mark's mother.)
Paul and Barnabas took him along on the first missionary journey, but for
some reason Mark returned alone to Jerusalem. It is evident, from Paul's
refusal to let Mark accompany him on the second journey despite Barnabas's
insistence, that Mark had displeased Paul. Later, Paul asks Mark to visit
him in prison so we may assume the trouble did not last long.  For more,
follow the link below:

God opposes the proud but bestows favor on the humble. ~1 Peter 5:5b-14

These signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will drive out
demons, they will speak new languages. They will pick up serpents with their
hands, and if they drink any deadly thing, it will not harm them. They will
lay hands on the sick, and they will recover." ~Mark 16:15-20

God opposes the proud by bestows favor on the humble.  We are great people,
made in the image and likeness of God.  Still, God deserves the credit.  God
can do mighty deeds through us, with His infinite power!

I pray that I may not be proud, but walk humbly with my God.  I pray that I
may do great things, using the power God puts within me.