<MP>Saturday, 24 October 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 18:17:56 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to look
forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize every
day in 2010 ... from $30 to $500 each day.  Prizes total $16,580.  No more
than 3000 calendars are sold.  If you're interested in helping out, just
follow the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

St. Anthony Claret (1807-1870)
The "spiritual father of Cuba" was a missionary, religious founder, social
reformer, queen's chaplain, writer and publisher, archbishop and refugee. He
was a Spaniard whose work took him to the Canary Islands, Cuba, Madrid,
Paris and to the First Vatican Council. In his spare time as weaver and
designer in the textile mills of Barcelona, he learned Latin and printing:
the future priest and publisher was preparing. Ordained at 28, he was
prevented by ill health from entering religious life as a Carthusian or as a
Jesuit, but went on to become one of Spain's most popular preachers.
  For more, follow the link below:

But if Christ is in you, although the body is dead because of sin, the
spirit is alive because of righteousness. If the Spirit of the one who
raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, the one who raised Christ from the
dead will give life to your mortal bodies also, through his Spirit that
dwells in you. ~Romans 8:1-11

He said to him in reply, 'Sir, leave it for this year also, and I shall
cultivate the ground around it and fertilize it;
it may bear fruit in the future. If not you can cut it down.' ~Luke 13:1-9

Life comes from God.  God preserves us to eternal life and dwells in us. God
has patience with us and waits for us to live our lives according to our
calling.

I pray that I may be grateful for my life and believe even more strongly in
eternal life.  I pray that I may live my life according to God's calling.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

A member requests prayers for her immediate family as the date approaches
for the lawsuit filed against all of them by a disgruntled heir who had a
bad relationship with the deceased and that the lawsuit be dropped before
court begins. JP sends prayers of thanks for goods news from doctors on my
son's recent catscan, blood work, and other medical tests. Melinda asks
prayers for several intentions.

Deanna request prayers for herself as she has lost her job and is searching
for a new job as her finances are dwindling rapidly. Bill asks prayers for a
friend Barbara & Jack ask prayers for a young boy who is sick. who has
serious family problems, that they may be solved peacefully. Cherie asks
prayers for a special intention.