<MP>Saturday, 24 November 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 16:31:49 -0600

R A F F L E    C A L E N D A R
$16,755 in Prizes!  A winner every day all year!

2008 Adesse Raffle Calendars are now available!  There are daily drawings
from 01 January-31 December 2008.  Calendars are $25. You'll be a winner
because you'll be helping our parish . . . and you might win a prize as
well!  If you're interested, just visit our Parish Web Site to see the
calendar, prizes and more . . . and fill out the easy form there and we'll
save some for you!  Just follow the banner link from: www.stpatz.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Andrew Dung-Lac and Companions
St. Andrew was one of 117 martyrs who met death in Vietnam between 1820 and
1862. Members of this group were beatified on four different occasions
between 1900 and 1951. Now all have been canonized by Pope John Paul II.
For more, click the link below:

"I will rejoice in your salvation, O Lord."  ~Psalm 9

"They can no longer die, for they are like angels; and they are the children
of God because they are the ones who will rise."

We think of things eternal.  We contemplate our own death.  As we do, we can
do so rejoicing in the salvation offered us by God.

I pray that I may help usher in the fullness of God's kingdom, not being
fearful, but rejoicing in the favor God offers me.  I pray that I may live
with a loose grasp on things of this world as I find greater and greater
value in the Kingdom of God.