<MP>Saturday, 24 May 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 19:28:04 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

   Now departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD) and New York
(JFK)
   Due to an American Airlines Schedule change we've added a day to the
Pilgrimage, so now it's 13 days!
   Only a $50 Price increase from Chicago or JFK in New York ($2749) before
02 August
   La Crosse price stays the same ($2899) before 02 August
   *** 9 of the 26 seats we're holding from La Crosse have already been
taken.
   It may be possible to get more seats from La Crosse, but price would have
to be negotiated.
   Now flying from JFK in New York as well, for our East Coast and Canadian
members
   Remember, it has been taking up to 3 months to get a passport
   More interest has been shown in this trip than any other ... we've been
registering people almost daily

We'll visit Southern Italy, Assisi, Rome and the Vatican from 10-21 November
2008. A NEW BROCHURE is available now, since it was necessary to add a day
to the itinerary due to a schedule change at American Airlines.  We'll add
some free time at Sorrento and spend another night there.  We'll have the
chance to visit Monte Cassino (St. Benedict) too, and will be able to enjoy
a free day in Rome.  There will be one more dinner on our own ... but the
price change is negligible ... just $50 more from Chicago and now from JFK
in New York and no change at all from La Crosse (benefiting from a $50
priced reduction in the flight from La Crosse and Chicago. So, it's  $2749
from Chicago or $2899 from La Crosse, Wisconsin. The NEW BROCHURE is
available on-line right now.  Please destroy any old brochures.  The NEW
BROCHURE has a photo of Sister Joselda and I on the cover, so you can keep
them separate.  For Saint Patrick Onalaska parishioners wee should have
printed brochures available in Church this weekend.  Just follow the link
from: www.frpat.com __________________________________________________

St. Mary Magdalene de Pazzi (1566-1607)
Mystical ecstasy is the elevation of the spirit to God in such a way that
the person is aware of this union with God and both internal and external
senses are detached from the sensible world. Mary Magdalene de Pazzi was so
generously given this special gift of God that she is called the "ecstatic
saint." For more, follow the link below:

Is anyone among you sick? He should summon the presbyters of the Church, and
they should pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord.
The prayer of faith will save the sick person, and the Lord will raise him
up. If he has committed any sins, he will be forgiven. ~Jsmes 5:13-20

When Jesus saw this he became indignant and said to them, "Let the children
come to me; do not prevent them, for the Kingdom of God belongs to such as
these. Amen, I say to you, whoever does not accept the Kingdom of God like a
child
will not enter it."  ~Mark 10:13-16

God can help us in many ways.  We can turn our will and our lives over to
Him when we are ill, or when we are healthy. He can bring back the stray.
He can heal our differences. He can help us become accepting and tender as a
little child.

I pray that I may trust in God to fulfill all my needs.  I pray that I may
strive to do His work and His will in my life.  I pray that I may accept His
Kingdom as a little child does.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Please pray for the healing of Father Pat's back. We pray for unity in our
country and that we may build a Culture of Life. We pray for the safety of
our troops, their safe return and their families at home.  We pray for a
deep and profound respect for life, and for the courage and willingness to
stand up for life. We pray for one another, for those who have asked our
prayers and for those who need our prayers the most. Have a good day!

Parish Site