<MP>Saturday, 24 June 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 18:45:46 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     from Father Pat Umberger

F A T I M A / L O U R D E S / S P A I N

PRICE GOES UP $100 AFTER TODAY, SATURDAY, 24 JUNE!

FORTY are currently signed up and our goal has been surpassed.
We have ROOM FOR FIFTY, so TEN possible spaces remain.
Early Sign-up Deadline is 24 June. Price rises $100 after that.

It's shaping up to be a great Pilgrimage . to Portugal (Lisbon, Santerem,
Fatima), Spain (Alba de Tormes, Avila, Segovia, Burgos, Loyola, Pamplona &
Javier) and France (Lourdes, Paris & Lisieux).  Out farewell dinner will be
in a restaurant in the Eiffel Tower in Paris. The brochure is now on-line,
along with a map and links to our hotels! The very reasonable price includes
transportation, luggage transfers, all admissions, guide, escort, all
breakfasts and dinners and even a packed lunch for the 1st Class train ride
from Lourdes to Paris. As always we'll celebrate daily Mass and pray the
Rosary when we're traveling. Our dinner on the last night will be served in
one of Altitude 95, a restaurant within the Eiffel Tower in Paris. For
complete details, follow the link from:

        www.frpat.com

P.S. If you sign up, let me know by e-mail so I can keep an accurate count
of Pilgrims.

     From Father Pat Umberger

=:  S C R I P T U R E   F O R   T H E   D A Y  :=.

"When you are offering your gift at the altar, if you remember that your
brother or sister has something against you,  leave your gift there before
the altar and go; first be reconciled to your brother or sister, and then
come and offer your gift."  ~Matthew 5:23-24

=:  M E D I T A T I O N   F O R   T H E   D A Y  :=.

When we let personal piques and resentments interfere with what we know to
be our proper conduct, we are on the wrong track and can undo all we have
built up by doing the right thing.  We need never let personal piques
interfere with living the way we know God wants us to live.  When we have no
clear guidance from God, we can go forward quietly along the path of duty.
The attitude of quiet faith can receive its reward as surely as acting upon
God's direct guidance.  We need not weaken our spiritual power by letting
personal piques upset us.

=: P R A Y E R   F O R   T H E   D A Y  :=.

I pray that I may not let myself become too upset.  I pray that I may go
quietly along the path I have chosen.

A member asks prayers for her son and his wife who are having marriage
problems. Kate asks prayers for her husband who has an alcohol addiction.
Cathy requests prayers of thanksgiving for relief of severe back pain.
Helen-Ann asks prayers for success in a fundraising venture to repair her
house.

A.J. Russell, ed. Forward to friends,
but please leave this tag intact.