<MP>Saturday, 24 February 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 21:50:38 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     from Father Pat Umberger

H O L Y    L A N D    2 0 0 7
Join us on this wonderful 04-15 November Pilgrimage!

We have a brochure for our November 2007 Pilgrimage to the Holy Land.
Imagine walking where Jesus walked, following the route of the real Stations
of the Cross, visiting the Tomb of Christ and his birthplace as well,
renewing Baptismal Promises at the Jordan River, renewing Marriage vows or
praying for a deceased spouse at Cana in Galilee.

We'll stay at only two Hotels this time, the Grand Court in Jerusalem (near
the old City) and the Gai Beach Spa Hotel in Tiberias, right on the Sea of
Galilee.  It's beautiful! As always full breakfast and dinner is included,
along with luggage transfer, admissions, transfers and much more.  Gary says
their Holy Land Guides are the best!

Visit my Web Site for complete details.  You can sign up any time now, and
we expect this one to fill up quickly. Gary says the Holy Land has been
their most popular destination!  Just follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

L E N T    2 0 0 7

Visit my special Lent page for lots of Lenten resources, including Pope
Benedict XVI's Lenten Message ... and STATIONS OF THE CROSS newly
illustrated by the 4th Graders of Saint Pat's School.  I wrote them for kids
and adults alike, in English and Spanish as well.  Just follow the link
from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

"If God so clothes the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow
is thrown into the oven, how much more will he clothe you--you of little
faith!  And do not keep striving for what you are to eat and what you are to
drink, and do not keep worrying.  For it is the nations of the world that
strive after all these things, and your Father knows that you need them.
Instead, strive for his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as
well."  ~Luke 12:28-31

I know that God cannot teach anyone who is trusting in a "crutch."  I can
throw away the worldly things I have come to depend upon and walk in God's
power and spirit.  God's power can so invigorate me that I can indeed walk
on to victory.  There is never any limit go God's power. I can go step by
step, one day at a time.  God's will can be revealed to me as I go forward.

I pray that I may have more and more dependence on God.  I pray that I may
throw away the "crutches" I sometimes rely upon and let God's power take
their place.

Ana gives thanks because her father's PET scan came out clean and there is
no cancer. A member requests prayers for Liz, a young mother of four, in her
fight against colon, lung, and brain cancer.  Dolores asks prayers for her
husband who will have open heart surgery.  Annette asks prayers for her
daughter who is expecting a baby.

Mary asks prayers for a teacher who is detrimental to her students, that
they may not get hurt and she may change her ways or retire. Eileen asks
prayers for her friend having tests next week that the cancer has not
spread. Marilyn asks prayers for her nephew who is in the hospital with
severe heart problems.

Anna asks for prayers for sister who has digestive problems. Bob asks
prayers for enlightenment and guidance as to his path forward after early
retirement due to downsizing. Connie asks prayers for her sister who is
having surgery on Monday. Success to operation for knee replacement.

Nancy from PA requests prayers for a very close friend who is undergoing a
catherization today (Friday) that doctors may find the root of his problem
and correct it and give him a longer life. Melva asks prayers for her
daughter and nieces who are suffering from addictions, that they will be
strong and choose rehabilitation. Barb requests prayers for her family as
they struggle with depression and finding a light in their life's path.

Ramon asks prayers for a special intention. A member asks prayers that  she
may find a suitable life partner, that the Lord may bless her investments
and her with the ability to manage time, wisdom, discernment, decisiveness,
a suitable job when the Lord desires. Tom is asking for prayers for his
daughter's team safe trip and successful sectional tournament participation.

Keep me in your prayers and know you're remembered in mine as well.   May
God continue to draw near to you and those you love and keep you safe!

All the best and God Bless,

Fr. Pat's Web Site
Reaching Out
Parish Site