<MP>Saturday, 23 September 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 21:02:02 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

"Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you."  ~James 4:8

"Draw near to God, and God will draw near to you."  When we are faced with a
problem beyond our strength, we can turn to God by an act of faith.  It is
that turning to God in each trying situation that we can cultivate.  The
turning may be one of glad thankfulness for God's grace in our life.  Or our
appeal to God may be a prayerful claiming of God's strength to face a
situation and finding that we have it when the time comes.  Not only the
power to face trials, but also the comfort and joy of God's nearness and
companionship are ours for the asking.

I pray that I may try to draw near to God each day in prayer.  I pray that I
may feel God's nearness and God's strength in my life.

Martha asks prayers for several intentions. Glenda asks prayers for a
special intention. Pat  asks prayers that my daughter may be delivered from
addiction to alcohol and drugs.

Pat asks prayers for her brother who had to have his bladder removed because
of cancer and now his kidneys are not functioning well at all that he
improve and be able to return home from the hospital. Kevin asks prayers for
his pregnant wife, that she may have a healthy birth after so many previous
miscarriages.

Pat asks prayers that a granddaughter may come to the right path. Melva asks
prayers for her daughters, thanksgiving that one has been allocated shelter
housing for the end of October, and for healing for the other who is
suffering from addictions. A member requests prayer for healing of his
bipolar disorder, relief in his current episode, and God's peace in this
suffering.

Marilynn asks prayers for several intentions. A member is asking for prayers
for her husband who will be having surgery on Sept 25 for a rotator cuff
tear and removel of a cyst and a bone graph that all will be successful and
he will heal quickly. Margaret asks prayers for special intentions.

   www.stpatz.com/prayers.htm