<MP>Saturday, 23 May 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 20:09:32 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Felix of Cantalice (1515-1587)
Felix was the first Franciscan Capuchin ever canonized. In fact, when he was
born, the Capuchins did not yet exist as a distinct group within the
Franciscans. Born of humble, God-fearing parents in the Rieti Valley, Felix
worked as a farmhand and a shepherd until he was 28. He developed the habit
of praying while he worked. In 1543 he joined the Capuchins. When the
guardian explained the hardships of that way of life, Felix answered:
"Father, the austerity of your Order does not frighten me. I hope, with
God's help, to overcome all the difficulties which will arise from my own
weakness."
   For more, follow the link below:

And when he wanted to cross to Achaia, the brothers encouraged him and wrote
to the disciples there to welcome him. After his arrival he gave great
assistance to those who had come to believe through grace. He vigorously
refuted the Jews in public, establishing from the Scriptures that the Christ
is Jesus. ~Acts 18:23-28

For the Father himself loves you, because you have loved me and have come to
believe that I came from God. I came from the Father and have come into the
world. Now I am leaving the world and going back to the Father." ~John
16:23b-28

As Jesus returns to the Father His disciples are again upset.  Still he
knows that their faith and what He has given them is enough. They'll have to
use the knowledge and faith that has been their gift to draw still others to
faith that the Christ is Jesus.

I pray that I may have confidence in the faith and knowledge God has put
within me.  I pray that my example will help still others to believe and
come to salvation.