<MP>Saturday, 23 February 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 20:44:08 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

O N - L I N E    S T A T I O N S    O F    T H E     C R O S S
Visit my on-line Stations of the Cross.  I wrote the text for children and
adults alike.  They're available in English and Spanish as well. Visit the
Stations every day during Lent.  I think you'll like them a great deal.
Here's the link: www.frpat.com/stations.htm

St. Polycarp (d. 156)
Polycarp, bishop of Smyrna (modern Izmir, Turkey), disciple of St. John the
Apostle and friend of St. Ignatius of Antioch was a revered Christian leader
during the first half of the second century. For more, follow the link
below:

Who is there like you, the God who removes guilt and pardons sin for the
remnant of his inheritance; Who does not persist in anger forever, but
delights rather in clemency, And will again have compassion on us, treading
underfoot our guilt?  ~ Micah 7:14-15, 18-20

He said to him, 'My son, you are here with me always; everything I have is
yours. But now we must celebrate and rejoice,
because your brother was dead and has come to life again; he was lost and
has been found.'"  ~ Luke 15:1-3, 11-32

How wonderful to ponder God's mercy and forgiveness.  He delights in
clemency and even forgives like the father of the prodigal son. Although we
find it difficult to comprehend such mercy, it is ours.  Our Lenten works of
Prayer, Fasting and Almsgiving can lead us to true repentance.  God will
give us another chance to live in his great love.

I pray that I may trust in God's mercy and forgiveness.  I pray that I can
approach the Lord in the Sacrament of Reconciliation to receive forgiveness
and the grace to start a new way of living.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Dana asks prayers for her sister who lost her job today that the Lord
comfort her and guide her in her job search. Sharon asks prayers for a
special intention. Marie asks prayers for a special intention. A member
requests special prayers for a problem experienced for almost 2 decades-that
she may be able to have total & complete control on her bladder and to be
able to end the connected fantasying thoughts. Joanne asks for prayers that
financial situations will improve for herself and her family members.

A member asks prayers for herself, that she may have a quick sale of her
house & safe interstate location. A member requests special prayers for a
suitable spouse, that God willing, she may connect with a particular person
and to be blessed with wisdom and discernment to recognize and accept the
Lord's plan for her life.