<MP>Saturday, 23 December 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 19:43:24 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

"Since we belong to the day, let us be sober, and put on the breastplate of
faith and love, and for a helmet the hope of salvation. For God has destined
us not for wrath but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ,
who died for us, so that whether we are awake or asleep we may live with
him.  Therefore encourage one another and build up each other, as indeed you
are doing."  ~1 Thessalonians 5:8-11

We can spread peace, not discord, wherever we go.  We can try to be part of
the cure of every situation, not part of the problem.  We can see that it is
sometimes better to  try to ignore evil, rather than to actively combat it.
We can always try to build up, never to tear down. We can show others
through our example that happiness can come from living the right way.  The
power of our example is greater than the power of what we say.

I pray that I may try to bring something good into every situation today.  I
pray that I may be constructive in the way I think and speak and act today.

Helen-Ann is requesting urgent financial resources to pay a business bill by
10 a.m. Saturday December 23, 2006. Nancy asks for prayers for God's Grace
to be with her brother to help him fight his alcohol addiction and realize
that through God all things are possible. Michelle asks prayers for her
uncle diagnosed with prostate cancer. Marie-Therèse asks prayers that she
can find the right way to serve God.

Karen asks prayers for her husband who needs employment. Sharon requests
prayers for someone who has two kinds of cancer. Melva asks prayers for all
who suffer from addictions, especially her daughter & nieces, and also
prayers for all who are traveling during the holidays. A member requests
prayers for himself, his family and friends who are battling health
problems: for comfort and healing during Christmastime.

   www.stpatz.com/prayers.htm