<MP>Saturday, 22 September 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 16:46:43 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     from Father Pat Umberger

F A M I L Y    F U N    F E S T

St. Pat's annual Fall Fun Fest is October 13th. There will be food,
entertainment and fun for people of all ages.  There are also Raffle Tickets
available.  If you live close to us, why not join us.  Or, perhaps you'd
like to help us by purchasing some raffle tickets.  You can learn more at:
www.stpatz.com

F A M I L Y    A N D   F R I E N D S
Encourage them to Subscribe to Morning Prayer!

If you enjoy the NEW Morning Prayer, why not forward a copy to family
members and friends. Many seem to enjoy the new format.  Some say that they
like to attend Daily Mass, but cannot always do so.  Morning Prayer keeps
them in touch with the daily Scriptures and Saint of the day. Not all
priests preach on all weekdays. Morning Prayer provides a short reflection
and a concrete way to apply Scriptures to our lives. Clergy too, appreciate
the simple ideas found in both Morning Prayer and This Weekend.  Family
members and friends can learn more by following the banner link from:
www.frpat.com

J O I N    S I S T E R    J O S E L D A    A N D    M E

A great Pilgrimage to the Holy Land - 04-15 November 2007!
Several seats are still available.

Follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

Saturday of the Twenty-Fourth Week in Ordinary Time, Year C.

"I charge you before God ... and before Christ Jesus ... to keep the
commandment without stain or reproach until the appearance of our Lord Jesus
Christ ..."  Paul to Timothy 6:13-16

"A sower went out to sow his seed ... and some of it fell on good soil, and
when it grew, it produced fruit a hundredfold."  Luke 8:4-15

St. Lawrence Ruiz and Companions
Lorenzo (1600-1637) was born in the Philippines to Chinese parents.  He was
married and had children. He was accused of murder and escaped with
Dominican Priests.  He was eventually apprehended in Japan.  He and his
companions were subjected to unspeakable torture and died for their faith.

The seed sown is the Word of God. It can fall on deaf ears, grow for awhile
and then wither, or fall on good soil. We are called to be that good soil
and keep the "... commandment without stain or reproach until the appearance
of our Lord Jesus Christ." As recipients of the Word we can come to
increased understanding of our call.  We can be faithful and follow that
call wherever it leads.

I pray that I may be receive God's Word with joy and allow it to grow within
me.  I pray that I may be courageous in living my faith even when this would
lead me to think and act differently from others.  I pray that I may hold on
to my faith always.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Helen-Ann asks prayers that she may pass her nursing examinations. Marilyn
asks prayers for a deacon who was just diagnosed with an inoperable brain
tumor that God will be with her and her family during these difficult days.
JP requests prayers for his wife who faces foot surgery to remove infected
bones resulting from diabetes complications.

David ask for prayers for a friend's reconciliation with his son. Nancy from
PA requests prayers for herself that the doctor appointments she has next
week with her lung doctor, radiation oncologist and gynecologist will yield
good news and no new problems. Beverly asks prayers for a special intention.

Mary asks prayers for her boyfriend who hurt his knee 3 weeks ago that he
can get some answers from the doctors and be able to start the healing
process. Jo Ann requests prayers for special intentions for her son and his
family. Lauren requests prayers for her 32-year old nephew who recently
suffered a stroke. Lynn asks prayers for her sister-in-law and niece who
will be going through a difficult few weeks adjusting to her going away to
college and being separated for the first time.