<MP>Saturday, 22 March 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 19:15:38 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

The Church does not observe the Feasts of Saints during Holy Week.  For the
Saint who would be celebrated this day though, click the link below:

"Lord, you have the words of everlasting life."  ~ Psalm 19

"We were indeed buried with him through baptism into death, so that, just as
Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might
live in newness of life."  ~ Romans 6:3-11

Then the angel said to the women in reply, "Do not be afraid! I know that
you are seeking Jesus the crucified. He is not here, for he has been raised
just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay. Then go quickly and
tell his disciples,
'He has been raised from the dead, and he is going before you to Galilee;
there you will see him.' Behold, I have told you."  ~ Matthew 18:1-10

On this Holy Saturday morning we can united ourselves with those who are
devastated at the loss of Jesus.  Their hopes were raised, then dashed by
those in power around them.  They were used to that.  But they would come to
see that their fondest dreams had come true ... that Jesus indeed, had risen
from the dead.  We wait with them and prepare to celebrate the most
important thing we believe as Christian people ... that Jesus rose from the
dead!

I pray that I may as fully as possible appreciate God's great gift to me in
Jesus' death for my sins.  I pray that I may wait with his disciples during
this time of uncertainty and pain ... and rejoice with them as the women
hear the words of the angel, "He has been raised just as he said.  Come and
see the place where he lay.  Then go quickly and tell his disciples 'He has
been raised form the dead, and is going before you to Galilee; there you
will see him.' Behold, H have told you!"